Too early to brew Holiday beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPhunk

Reaction score
I'm thinking that I should start thinking about brewing something up for the holiday season, I'd like a bigger bodied beer with plenty of "warmth" and want it to be able to mellow a bit before drinking it. Is it normal to think that far ahead? I only started brewing in February so most of the stuff i've done had a pretty quick turnaround as they were lighter spring and summer beers. Anyone else thinking about this yet?

Hey Doc. Not to early at all, not by a longshot. Wish I could give you some suggestion recipes. You might want to check out the recipe section or maybe just do a search for holiday warmer recipes. :mug:

Now is a perfect time. Just Friday I racked my holiday cranberry spiced ale from the primary into the secondary with 2.5 pounds of cranberries. I'm giving it plenty of time to condition in both the keg and the bottles.

Go for it!
It might be a bit late if you were planning on doing a BIG stout for this year. But for a nice winter warmer nows a good time!

Crap. I got to finish my recipes and brew the Mint Chocolate Stout, Cherry Chocolate Stout and Mocha Porter. Thank for reminding me!

Not too early at all, at the very least it will give a nice timeline for aging which will make the brew that much better.

I am brewing a pumpkin ale for a mid October serving schedule, will be brewing a spice ale for Thanksgiving in early October to be on tap mid November then brewing an Xmas Ale to be on tap mid December.

We run a close schedule but it is improved tenfold over the last brewer both in process and aging time.

Latest posts

Back