Pictures of Styles Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morkin

Reaction score
I've often wanted to know what a beer style should look like, according to BJCP styles. Then thought, that would be a great thread. So, heres the deal. Lets post a pic of a brew we've made for each BJCP style, so that others can know what a style should look like; ie color, clarity, head, etc; for all 23 bjcp classifications. Starting with #1, Lite American Lager. Anyone in?

#1 American Lite Lager
5353181616_c53897d6ef_b.jpg

Some of these styles can have wide variations, so there might be many different pictures for one style, but I think this is a pretty neat idea. It'd be a good frame of reference for people like myself who are still pretty new.

I understand that many styles have different characteristics from beer to beer. I just thought this would be a fun way to show others your beer, and also give them a broad expectation of what it should look like.

A better idea is for everyone to send me a bottle of each style and I will post tasting notes along with the pictures:D

Back