Steel Reserve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mother In Law stocked up her fridge with this the last time we visited.
"I got you some high gravity beer" she boasted. Oh well, her heart was in the right place. I told her that I would cook dinner and she should invite her friends over. I ended up only having to drink two of them. They were a big hit with the old gals though. Hopefully it hasn't become her go to beer as we are visiting again this weekend.

I picked up some Steel in February on a ski/drinking trip. I made it through the whole can, but wasn't sure how.

Then I woke up with the headache.

40's Gaming nights always have some around. Hurricane, King Cobra, sometimes Mickey's. PvP always starts getting good after the first one, and then the 2nd we raid!

I actually went through a spell of drinking Steelies (16 or 24oz cans)...I'd gladly take one over a macro light beer. The motto I'd say when drinking them is, "They may taste like crap but at least they taste." :)

I'd even do it up right and drink them out of a large plastic cup. lol

While in grad school I bought a twelve pack of 12 oz cans of steel reserve as a joke.

I drank one can and nothing else about 20 min before going to bed and woke up with a hangover.

I'm a public defender now and I've represented clients with "211" Steel Reserve logo tattoos.

One thing interesting to note is that I've never, ever seen someone get charged with DUI after drinking homebrew, and I've represented people on THOUSANDS of DUIs and other alcohol related charges.

Most alcohol-related criminal charges involve bud light or rum and cokes.

My first, and last experience with Steel Reserve consisted around a late night phone call from a co-worker... Hes asked if I had $4 on me... When confirmed, he advised that I go to Quik Trip and grab two S.R.'s and let him know how things turned out...

He still owes me 3 hours of my life back...

I'll take the bait.

Steel Reserve is my favorite malt liquor-- and I've tried most all of them. I've discussed the matter with a friendly bum once and we both agreed it is far superior to old english, colt 45, hurricane, etc. I've liked Mickey's too ever since having dinner at a place with an extensive wine list, but Mickey's was the only beer. That said, at 5.6% it really shouldn't be classed with the other high gravity beers.

A person's particular taste is always influenced by experience and Steel Reserve will always be associated with Phil and Friends at Jonesbeach. A beautiful summer day, my buddies and I killed a twelve pack of Yuengling much to quickly and as we heading into the venue we came across a guy selling Steel Reserve cans (24oz) for $1.25. Something about the circumstances... me just wanting one more beer and this guy selling big cans for such a strange (who tailgates with loose change?) and cheap price.

I don't know, maybe Steel Reserve needs to be consumed in a Mcdonalds cup to full appreciate its potent, economical splendor. I've had worse beers and I've paid a good deal more money for them.

I'll take the bait.

Steel Reserve is my favorite malt liquor-- and I've tried most all of them. I've discussed the matter with a friendly bum once and we both agreed it is far superior to old english, colt 45, hurricane, etc. I've liked Mickey's too ever since having dinner at a place with an extensive wine list, but Mickey's was the only beer. That said, at 5.6% it really shouldn't be classed with the other high gravity beers.

A person's particular taste is always influenced by experience and Steel Reserve will always be associated with Phil and Friends at Jonesbeach. A beautiful summer day, my buddies and I killed a twelve pack of Yuengling much to quickly and as we heading into the venue we came across a guy selling Steel Reserve cans (24oz) for $1.25. Something about the circumstances... me just wanting one more beer and this guy selling big cans for such a strange (who tailgates with loose change?) and cheap price.

I don't know, maybe Steel Reserve needs to be consumed in a Mcdonalds cup to full appreciate its potent, economical splendor. I've had worse beers and I've paid a good deal more money for them.

Troll detected

Says the man with Steel in his name...we're onto you :D

True metal steel
The+Triumph+Of+Steel.jpg

Take two forties and tape them one in each hand. get four friends to do this with you. You need to drink em quick cause they get worse as they warm up. You can't take either forty off until both are finished. many interesting problems will arise in you're night that make it all the more fun.

Edward 40 hands - the game :ban:

Take two forties and tape them one in each hand. get four friends to do this with you. You need to drink em quick cause they get worse as they warm up. You can't take either forty off until both are finished. many interesting problems will arise in you're night that make it all the more fun.

Edward 40 hands - the game :ban:

When I first heard of 40 hands I hit youtube to see if it was true. Funny (and sad ;)) stuffs out on youtube, lol

I know my bladder and no way could I make it without one hella story to tell the following hungover days. :drunk:

Always bring a few Steels with us camping. We generally attack the homebrews for the intitial buzz and then dig into the cheap Steel and Natty Ice when we can't taste anymore.

Nothing like a brat and egg sandwich with a Steel Reserve in the morning to shake off the hangover..... or start a new one rather...

Always bring a few Steels with us camping. We generally attack the homebrews for the intitial buzz and then dig into the cheap Steel and Natty Ice when we can't taste anymore.

Nothing like a brat and egg sandwich with a Steel Reserve in the morning to shake off the hangover..... or start a new one rather...

I'd rather sip a Scotch or a Bourbon by the campfire...and for breakfast...a White Russian...

I could easily play Edward 40 hands. I'd just get nekkid first.

(this would save time anyway, as I'd probably get nekkid somewhere in the process anyway)

i worked with a cook named Sven Skellenger. he was a german who went back and forth from USA. he would drink 2 steel reserves every night after work and within 5 minutes would be mysteriously hammered. turns out he was a heroin addict.

We had some Steel Reserve from Fresh & Easy, and "YUK" is right. For the money Taurino is just as cheap I think and is much more passable. Plus it lends itself well to the expression "riding the bull" after you put down a twelve pack.

I have a friend with the 211 tattooed on his side. Some people get the dumbest tattoos. He is Korean and has "Made in Korea" printed on his shoulder blade.

Back