Mixing Coopers Brew Enchancer 2 in fermenter..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storm76

Reaction score
Hi.

This is my first time brewing beer so i bought these product:

1 Coopers Mexican Serveza (1,7 kg )
1 Brew Enchancer 2 ( 1 kg )
1 Safale s -04 (11,5 g)

So what i was wondering about was. What is the best way to not get lumps in the Brew Enchancer when i mix it in the fermenter?

Does anyone have a good advice to me about how i do this?

Since it is all extract and sugar, bring some water to a boil, add in your syrup and "brew enhancer", boil a little longer. Cool it down to about 70 and top off with water to get 5 gallons, then pitch the yeast.

I have read that i shouldnt boil the extract, because it can take away the aroma in the extract..

Add the extract after it ceases boiling. :)
The brew enhancer 2 has no hops and won't carmelize like the can of extract would.

So it does nothing to boil the Brew Enchancer 2? There is no aroma that can go bad or be distroyed?

I ask much:)

"Brew Enhancer 2
Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 (1kg) contains dextrose, maltodextrin and Light Dry Malt. The dextrose will ferment out completely with no residual cidery flavours whilst the maltodextrin does not ferment thus improving the body, mouthfeel and head retention. The Light Dry Malt, being 100% pale malt, will further add to the body and increase the malt character of your favourite brew. Great for use with any beer styles where a fuller, maltier flavour is preferred."

....and also, this is a mexican cerveza, so the only real aroma you should get will be decaying skunk....I've had my fair share, went to college in a border town, but still....it's always skunked....that's part of the flavor profile, but hops....not so much

...uh....just read the description I posted from an online retailer, but I don't quite understand added body and malt character in a cerveza....maybe that's just me

don't boil any of it - just boil the water

clean and sanitize your fermenter, put the contents of your can and the Brew Enhancer 2 in the bottom of the fermenter and pour the hot water in on top of it - stir to dissolve

then top it off with cold water and pitch your yeast and seal it up

watch the DVD that came with the kit and follow the instructions - best to follow the instructions that come with the kit and not go off trying to boil the extract in water or any of that other stuff - you don't need to do that

its just like making jello - boil the water not the ingredients

Thank you for your answears:) I will probably be back later when started brewing with moe Questions..:)

Back