converting a single tower to a dual

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainebrew

Reaction score
Sorry fellas, I tried a couple of diff searches with no luck. Has this been done and is there any photo posts on how to?

I have seen a few methods used.

You can drill another hole in you tower and use that for the faucet.

You can get a piece that mounts on top of your tower that holds an additional faucet.

You can get a "Y" adapter that fits in your current faucet hole and adapts it to two faucets.

I took my single faucet tower and modified it for three taps. The two new ones are on either side of the original and about an inch lower.

I taped it off and drew out my templates. Then drilled a holes along the shape of the circle. Next I used a dremel to cut in between all of the holes and to clean up the circle. My tower is brass that has been painted black, and it was VERY hard to drill into.

I got my shank from Micomatic and the ventimatics from Northern Brewer. If anyone wants pics send an email. And if you want them posted here, send me an email asking that as well.

I took my single faucet tower and modified it for three taps. The two new ones are on either side of the original and about an inch lower.

I taped it off and drew out my templates. Then drilled a holes along the shape of the circle. Next I used a dremel to cut in between all of the holes and to clean up the circle. My tower is brass that has been painted black, and it was VERY hard to drill into.

I got my shank from Micomatic and the ventimatics from Northern Brewer. If anyone wants pics send an email. And if you want them posted here, send me an email asking that as well.

I did pretty much the same thing. I used a 3/4" unibit (step drill) and drilled it to fit the shank. Got the shanks from here Elbow Nipple Shanks and used perlick's from here Perlick Stainless
Steel Beer Faucet - Superior Products

The whole thing was pretty easy and only took about 1/2 an hour.

DSCN1324.jpg

The center one Im going to swap out for a stout faucet, that way my kegerator will all ways be ready.:)

I think I am in the same boat, I am not currently kegging nor do I have one but there are two different kegerators on sale on my local craigslist. With my birthday coming up my girlfriend wants to get me a kegerator. One is a danby single tower that was factory made supposedly it is a year old from best buy. The other is a older beverage air single tap. I know down the line we will want to have an additional faucet. I understand the process of making a kegerator from scratch and have tools and feel capable for the job but is there any reason not to redrill a factor made kegerator. On a factory made one is the glycol running through tower ect. I also have a friend who works as a machinist and if I gave him the tower he could drill another hole in a factory tower.

Thanks

in advance

The bev air is ancient looking from the pics and probably less effecient I figured it was also servicable. I am still waiting to find out if these are still even available and the internal dimensions. Bev air appears it can hold three cornies. Danby 2. Do I request them to have it plugged in and bring a thermometer

On factory made kegerators does anyone know if the towers are accessable to remove ie bolts or glued epoxied down and is there foam blown into the tower. Would it be a pain to convert a 1 faucet to a 2 or three faucet tower. I have capable tools ie drill press and I could set up a jig or have a friend do it.

Looks like I am going with beverage air I recieved some more pics it looks like it was cleaned up. I requested they plug it in a few hours before I got there. Is there anything else I should look out for besides really noisy motor, or it not being cold?

Thanks

Just make sure everything is there and it gets cold. From what I understand, it will be noisier than the Damnby which is understanable as it is a commerical keg cooler. And don't get me wrong, if you get a good deal on the Damnby don't rule it out. They can be made to work well.

Back