What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
Breast malts? I'll have to look for that at the LHBS. :)

Haha, I guess iPhone doesn't like bready malts (I just had to override autocorrect to type that)

Flamenting crabboys love breast malts though.

Man I love this stuff!!!!

image-1204089783.jpg

A New Glarus Back 40 Bock

I've lived in Wisconsin my whole life, and am fortunate to have no shortage of good beers to drink. Yet, every time I entertain outsiders, or have drinks with my boss, which is almost never, it's Spotted Cow. Not a bad beer, but it's sort of...eh. I would like to go for the Back 40.

But, I did have that He'Brew Jewbilation Sweet 16 last night. It was as if someone blew a shofar into my ear for eight straight hours. That, and the new Soundgarden album. If I could get my hands on another, I'd have it right now.

ReverseApacheMaster said:
21st Amendment Black IPA. Yep, I am drinking an IPA. The world does end in 2012.

I had one tonight. The malt profile was perfect, the hop profile was nothing special.

Working my way through a growler of Bear Republic's Black Racer (black IPA). Light dark flavors but noticeable and squarely in the IPA realm. As good as Racer X, in my opinion.

I guess I'll take care of the whole night all at once.
Shiner Oktoberfest bottle
Alaskan Amber draft
Blacksmith (Guinness atop Smithwicks) draft

Trader Joe's Black Toad. This beer is unbeatable for the price. I spent 6 bucks for a beer that has a nice, deep, roasted malt profile with outstanding smoothness and proper balance.

Leinenkugal's Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest is my favorites beer style, so I'm drinking it while it's still in the stores. I can then brew it other times of the year when it's not available in the store. :mug:

I couldn't help myself! I opened my other bottle of El Cucuy India Black Ale. This stuff is definately in my top 5 beers. I'm gonna have a few of my HB'ed pale ales later.

Back