high ABV beers, aging and how the flavors change

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jourelemode

Reaction score
so I have a 11% belgian strong dark carbonating right now and I just have a question. I did a lot of reading and most of the people here who have made a beer similar to mine say that it takes a few months for the flavors to mellow out and balance. Some say that the beers taste green or are harsh. Does the flavor change as it carbonates? Because the sample for the gravity reading I tasted, tasted good to me already, not harsh at all and was very smooth.

thanks

im definitely going to age it long, but the sample I tasted at bottling was very smooth. I was expecting something harsh or something. does the flavor change when it carbonates that it will get harsh or something? Cause if it tastes like the sample plus carbonation, its already smooth....

Congrats on the big beer. My first big beer tasted like I poured solvent in the mix. After some study I found, and later tried, fermenting at a lower temperature. It curred the solventy bite. I also add a lot more yeast than normal now. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back