Pineapple Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbalu

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new to winemaking and homebrew in general. With my first batch of apfelwein well on its way to completion, I am beginning to think of what is going to fill the carboy next.

My friend an I were considering a pineapple wine as our next adventure.

So my question is, would using a recipie similar to edwort's work just substituting the apple juice with pineapple juice? If not does anyone have any good pineapple wine recipies laying around or could they post links to them?

Thank you in advace,
Bubba

My wife made a Pineapple/Banana for our wedding it was awesome.

She made the wine, I made the beer. We are bottling another batch of her wine tonight, I do not remember the flavor though.

My pine is about 6 months old and it is JUST becoming drinkable. I imagine that it will be great at a year.

I heard it is just kind of the nature of the beast.

I see that in your sig you have super hard pineapfelwein going. Mind sharing a recipe?

One large can of pineapple juice, 4 pounds of sugar inverted in 6 gallons of water, and Pasteur Champagne dry yeast.

Made some apfelwein with a similar recipe and after only a few weeks it was ready for the prime time. Of course the temperature of the garage was higher then.

The temp has dropped since then, so this batch will take longer.

I have some frozen fruit (its a pineapple, mango,peach, & strawberry mix from Walmart) thought this might be a good combo. Wondering what kind of recipe I would need to start something like this. New to wine making, but looking to experiment with whole fruit now.

You would probably have to find a way to balance the acidity of the fruit too...

You could try Watermelon Wine. It's easy to get right and it's fun making it from the fruit itself, try and consider each new brew an opportunity to learn something new - you only need about 3 watermelons to make a gallon! I'm just up to extract brewing, my first wine was with tinned fruit cocktail. The more you learn, the more fun you can have :)

Thanks, I was definitely thinking about watermelon when its more in season. I've only made wine from juice, a couple kit wines, and my first batch of mixed berry skeeter pee(which turned out descent even though I experimented).

That's cool. I think you need to find the brewing style that's right for you - best of luck with your pineapple, let us know how it turns out :)

Back