Weyerman Pilsener malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area51BrewCo

Reaction score
I am finding mixed information on this malt. Is this malt modified enough for a single infusion or do you guys recomend a rest. If so, what rest how long and at what temp.

This malt works just fine with a single infusion to your sacrification rest temp.

I am finding mixed information on this malt. Is this malt modified enough for a single infusion or do you guys recomend a rest. If so, what rest how long and at what temp.

I always did protein rest with this malt, but here on the forum I've found that it shouldn't be done - it is too well modified to benefit from it.
When I do protein rest, and then move to 154F, the conversion is done after ~20 - 30 min of the 154F rest.

Great I was leaning that way. I want a good clean Czech style Lager and I needed to know if I needed a protein rest or not.

Single infusion would be fine, but you could do a Protein/Sacch. rest in the low to mid 130's, then up to a dextrin rest in the mid 150's. That would probably turn out great.

Back