Ready to bottle, can it stay another week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobrawolverine

Reaction score
Did not buy a vinator bottle rinser so was gonna get one, but LHBS is out and will not have any for a few days.

Have a plain wheat ale in primary since 31 Dec. Not going to secondary. Hydrometer reading is at 1.012 and been steady for 3 days.

I could go old school and rinse bottles and sanitize in a bucket, or wait until I get a vinator.

Anything wrong with keeping in fermenter for another week? Will it hurt? Or do I need to bottle as soon as beer reaches FG?

Thanks for helping a new brewer.

wont hurt to keep it in the fermenter another week... there are lots on here that primary for a month before bottling, it will actually help it clear and finish better. (call it bulk aging)

If your looking to just get the bottles ready. You can stick them in the dishwasher with no soap and run it. The heat from the dishwasher will sanitize your bottles for you. Plus they are all done and ready in one swoop

Brewing is one of the wonderful hobbies where procrastination is actually preferred and will give you better beer!

Thanks for the replies. I will wait until I get the vinator.

I always say if you can make your hobby that much easier and more fun, you will stick with it longer!

That's a true statement,basically. I love aquiring things that make the process faster & easier. More pleasurable that way. Funny thing about pleasure....it's so pleasurable!

My first batch of apfelwein is still in the fermenter after six weeks, because I dont' have enough bottles.

I foresee no problems.

Back