Matching beer to a snack???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumeja

Reaction score
I found about liveworst a few months ago and have loved it on toast but have found it is great with beer!! I know about beer snacks but this is mine. I love sandwiches and this is the cheapest best snack for me!

What is yours???

I know it's cliche but peanuts. Something about the saltiness of the peanut with the bitterness/sweetness of the beer.

I like beer and cheese. I hope this thread gets several pages. I'm interested in what people like with their beers. specific beers with specific snacks would be cool too

for me it ends up being a texture thing and flavour....beer can be like wine and good beer needs foodthat works....peanuts, liverworst, nachos they are all great!!!!

Beer and cheese is great. You should try to match your beers with snacks. For example, I tend to like spicier food with an IPA.

Taters. You can have them prepared almost any way you can think of & they're sooooo tasty! My fav is the small red potatoes boiled in Black Butte porter w/a dash of soy sauce. Serve 'em up cold & unpeeled, dip 'em in mustard, ranch dressing or salt...
They go great with any sort of beer, and/or bratwurst.
Regards, GF.

I prefer to drink my ber after I have eaten, as I can taste it better.
I fI drink and eat it seems I miss some of teh beers flavor as teh lingering food taste interferes with it.

Assorted fine cheeses and beer are about the perfect pairing for me. I love my Indian Food with an IPA as well.

Speaking of cheeses, I tried grilled halloumi cheese at my brother in laws on the weekend. Oh My God! That is among the greatest things I have ever tried. It went really well with the Corona's my sister had around.

Another vote for cheese. It's great cuz there's a cheese for every beer and vis versa. Pretzels and peanuts are great too. On of my faves other than aged sharp cheddar with an IPA is hot pork skins with Tabasco sauce and an IPA.

OK here is my lil secret snack. Goes great with an IPA.

Spicy bean nuts

2 tsp Olive oil
1 can of garbanzo beans aka chic peas
*cayenne pepper (Varies on how hot you like these. I would start with a few shakes and head up to a few tsp to start.)
1 tsp of jalapeno juice
1 tsp garlic pepper

1. Pre heat oven to 350F
2. Open and rinse beans under cool water (I use a colander for this.)
3. Mix jalapeno juice (Like the liquid in a jar of jalapeno slices) with olive oil and toss beans in it until they are equally covered.
4. Mix cayenne with garlic pepper and sprinkle over beans as evenly as possible.
5. In an oven safe pan or cookie sheet, bake for about 40 minutes. It may take longer, you want them to be crunchy.
6. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm.

Notes:
- These should be slightly spicy, not melt your face hot. This range varies for everyone.
- I have never stored these so I have no idea how long they will keep, they just do not last long enough to store, lol.

I'll put my vote in for cheese. There really is a cheese for every beer. My preferred pairings are:
  • Sharp and/or slightly funky cheeses with IPA
  • Smoked cheeses with brown ale, porter, etc.
  • Mild cheeses with Belgian styles and wheats
I've even put light cheese and honey together on a cracker and had it with mead. Delicious.

1) Definitely cheese.
2) Hot wings and Pale Ales or Wits. (depends on my mood)

But then again I like drinking beer and eating sweets like cookies or cake - my wife thinks I'm gross, but I love it.

goin2brew said:
1) Definitely cheese.
2) Hot wings and Pale Ales or Wits. (depends on my mood)

But then again I like drinking beer and eating sweets like cookies or cake - my wife thinks I'm gross, but I love it.

I also agree with cheese, but beer actually goes well with cookies or cake sometimes.

For instance, one of my favorite pairings is chocolate (or something chocolatey) with a nice porter or stout. Heck, I've even dunked my Oreos in a Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Whoever thinks sweets can't pair with beer hasn't tried Cookies and Milk (Stout)!

My son makes this skinless/boneless chicken breast with a mix of olive oil/butter with salt,pepper,& garlic that goes well with my APA. Can't wait for my IPA to be ready so we can try it with our Anniversary lobster bake. I want to try my Whiskely Ale with some pit bbq'd beef,ham,or lamb.

pretzels from the store suck, and there's not any where to get a good one around here. i guess i could make them, but i haven't before

Maybe it's because I like them as a standalone as well, but potato skins and beer? It's hard to beat.

Cheeses are great, though.

pretzels from the store suck, and there's not any where to get a good one around here. i guess i could make them, but i haven't before

look for a european bakery or deli... making them can be hit or miss... not worth the effort unless you have people over because you need to eat them fresh.

OK here is my lil secret snack. Goes great with an IPA.

Spicy bean nuts

2 tsp Olive oil
1 can of garbanzo beans aka chic peas
*cayenne pepper (Varies on how hot you like these. I would start with a few shakes and head up to a few tsp to start.)
1 tsp of jalapeno juice
1 tsp garlic pepper

1. Pre heat oven to 350F
2. Open and rinse beans under cool water (I use a colander for this.)
3. Mix jalapeno juice (Like the liquid in a jar of jalapeno slices) with olive oil and toss beans in it until they are equally covered.
4. Mix cayenne with garlic pepper and sprinkle over beans as evenly as possible.
5. In an oven safe pan or cookie sheet, bake for about 40 minutes. It may take longer, you want them to be crunchy.
6. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm.

Notes:
- These should be slightly spicy, not melt your face hot. This range varies for everyone.
- I have never stored these so I have no idea how long they will keep, they just do not last long enough to store, lol.

I'm SO trying this...

doctorRobert said:
****in pretzels whats wrong with you people

Yeah I get the big thing of pretzel rods from aldi. Been doing the pretzel rods since I was a wee lad. Now being old and fat. Well they are fat free. I can't even look at a potato chip.

look for a european bakery or deli... making them can be hit or miss... not worth the effort unless you have people over because you need to eat them fresh.

come to think of it, I think there is a place at the beach that ive heard has good ones. they get mustard right? I'm not up to par on my pretzel etiquette.

Latest posts

Back