Rubber stopper for Sankle Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aust1227

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I seem to be getting conflicting reports on the size bung stopper I need for a Sankley keg fermenter. the LHBS (heartshomerew) will not answer any questions. And the kegs are currently in the possesion of my buddy..

I think Bobby suggested they were 2" openings. I have seen others write size 7, and a few write size 10..

Anyone have a go to answer on this one? I have to buy these stoppers before the weekend, and I won't have my kegs until brew day!

Aust1227 said:
...the LHBS (heartshomerew) will not answer any questions. And the kegs are currently in the possesion of my buddy...

LOL! I keep hearing how sh!tty this company is, I think we should have a sticky of which brew stores we should keep away from!

To answer your question... actually, I don't know, so I can't answer your question. Sorry.

Aust1227 said:
Hey guys.

I seem to be getting conflicting reports on the size bung stopper I need for a Sankley keg fermenter. the LHBS (heartshomerew) will not answer any questions. And the kegs are currently in the possesion of my buddy..

I think Bobby suggested they were 2" openings. I have seen others write size 7, and a few write size 10..

Anyone have a go to answer on this one? I have to buy these stoppers before the weekend, and I won't have my kegs until brew day!

I will measure my Sankey tonight if I remember. Hopefully that will give you an idea as to where to start. Maybe then you could just take a tape measure with you to the LHBS and measure the stoppers.

:off: What do you mean they will not answer any of your questions? He ignores you, or flat out tells you he's not going to answer it? That's pretty effed up dude!

Heartshomebrew doesn't like answering questions or talking beer.
They don't like helping their customers, or lending an ear.

A stopper for my bung is what I need.
Take out your tape, and measure, I plead!!!

That was a little warm up for my valentines day poem I have got to sit down and write!!

2ndstorey said:
What is their phone number? We (and by we I mean a lot of us) could call and ask what size stopper you would use for a sanke.

Hell yeah!!! No body effes with my fellow Brew Master! Time to say 'ello to my little friend!

I use #11 and it seems to work fine. #10.5 would work, but it might jam so far in it would be hard to wiggle out.

Back