DC Metro Area Group Buy #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigBeavk: PM sent
Grizybaer: Why would you want the list if you live in NYC? Happy to share but curious...

We are at 35/40. 5 sacks to go before we send in the order.

OK that closes this group grain buy. We are actually one over the limit, however I don't need the sack I was going to snag, so I will let that go until next buy.

If you have not sent me an email yet so I can contact you with all the buy details, please do so immediately so I can start buttoning this up. I will open a new buy for the next go around so please post any further grain purchases there, not here.

Cheers!

OK that closes this group grain buy. We are actually one over the limit, however I don't need the sack I was going to snag, so I will let that go until next buy.

If you have not sent me an email yet so I can contact you with all the buy details, please do so immediately so I can start buttoning this up. I will open a new buy for the next go around so please post any further grain purchases there, not here.

Cheers!

Woooooot! Thanks sTony!

Buy #4 has already started: http:// https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/dc-group-grain-buy-4-a-422521/

I am on travel and have had no access to phone or internet for a few days but should have access tomorrow so I will answer email and posts then. Buy will go in once everyone emails me their email address info. I will email people via HBT on how and what I need. After that i order and it is out of my hands and can take a week or more to get going. Stay tuned! In general I need your email addresses for bulk mail with payment, pickup, and other related info. Pay via paypal or cash. More info to follow via email. Cheers!

Thanks 'drei!

So to clarify what I was typing last night on a tiny screen: If I do not have your email address, send it to me ASAP so I can send a group email to you. Sending email on HBT is a PitA for me as it only lets me do one at a time with 60 seconds wait in between. So I send all correspondence for the actual buys outside of the forum. I will put together a list tonight and send emails within HBT to those I do not have email addresses asking for them so I can email all outside with what you owe, where to pickup, when to pickup, etc.

Cheers!
Tony

Email went out last night to everyone I had email addresses for. Please review and let me know ASAP if there are any issues with your orders. I will send it out tonight or tomorrow to our purchaser.

Cheers!

Email went out last night to everyone I had email addresses for. Please review and let me know ASAP if there are any issues with your orders. I will send it out tonight or tomorrow to our purchaser.

Cheers!

You da man! Thanks for everything!
I am not exactly sure who my buddies are for sharing anymore but please send me a PM and I'll PayPal you the money if you want, or pay cash at pick-up. :tank::rockin:

Email sent to our purchaser. When I hear back, I will post any info I get. Only one change was requested, so I am hoping all is good. Just got off the plane and am happy to be home...for now. :D

Cheers all!

I know he has the order and I think he has put it in, but he has not emailed me yet to confirm. Hopefully we hear something this week and it would work best for me if it gets here this week so I can dole it out over the weekend. Stay tuned for email...

Stefin brought me 55 lbs of Carapils to sell to anyone who wants it by the pound, $1 a pound. I also have excess C20/C40/Munich that I will sell by the pound as well. I don't want to sell a lot of my excess, but if you need a pound or two to tide you over until the next buy or visit to the LHBS, I am willing to let some smaller amounts go.

I know he has the order and I think he has put it in, but he has not emailed me yet to confirm. Hopefully we hear something this week and it would work best for me if it gets here this week so I can dole it out over the weekend. Stay tuned for email...

Stefin brought me 55 lbs of Carapils to sell to anyone who wants it by the pound, $1 a pound. I also have excess C20/C40/Munich that I will sell by the pound as well. I don't want to sell a lot of my excess, but if you need a pound or two to tide you over until the next buy or visit to the LHBS, I am willing to let some smaller amounts go.

Thanks for the update. I'll check if I need a couple of pounds of the CaraPils. :ban:

Got a call from the wholesaler this morning. Grains will be delivered tomorrow. I have a tight schedule over the next week, so I will send out an email tonight on pickup. Pickup will be this Saturday, however I am flying on Saturday so I do not know what time I will actually be arriving in the area. Probably safest to schedule the pickup after 1 or 2 PM on Saturday. I may need some help moving the grain tomorrow as I have some construction going on at the house and need to move it quickly to the garage...more tonight.

Got a call from the wholesaler this morning. Grains will be delivered tomorrow. I have a tight schedule over the next week, so I will send out an email tonight on pickup. Pickup will be this Saturday, however I am flying on Saturday so I do not know what time I will actually be arriving in the area. Probably safest to schedule the pickup after 1 or 2 PM on Saturday. I may need some help moving the grain tomorrow as I have some construction going on at the house and need to move it quickly to the garage...more tonight.

Let me know what time and I'll try to help you. :mug:

T,
I can help move grain once I get home from work (~4:30), and if your cool with it, I can get my bag of grain as well. I still owe you 11#'s from several weeks ago. Let me know
J

I was waiting to see if the truck would come before I go catch a plane...running out the door now.

The grain is in my garage. I will send an email tonight on pickup times, location, etc.

There were some screw ups on the order. All the floor malted BoPils came in as regular BoPils, the C20 is C80, and the one Rahr Pale is a 2 row. Looks like he went with a new vendor. I have emailed him to see what our options are but if you want what came in, let me know. I have some C20 on hand so I can tide whoever ordered that over until we can get this resolved. I may have a sack of Pale to swap out...gotta check when I get back home. For the BoPils, I don't see any options other than to either take it or return/resell it.

How will shares be handled? Do we bring containers and just take out what we paid for? What if the main buyer already got his share - how will the rest be stored? Thanks again for making this happen!

If you have agreement to split at my place, it is okay but make sure you bring a container and that everyone gets paid as I can't handle splits. I will help where possible, but you guys do the money between each other. We have not had an issue with this yet to date so it seems to work.

I am back tonight so you can come over at 9AM or after tomorrow. Email sent to everyone except maybe one or two whose email I don't have, got late, or changed. I will try to catch up with the stragglers tonight.

Cheers all!

If you have agreement to split at my place, it is okay but make sure you bring a container and that everyone gets paid as I can't handle splits. I will help where possible, but you guys do the money between each other. We have not had an issue with this yet to date so it seems to work.

I am back tonight so you can come over at 9AM or after tomorrow. Email sent to everyone except maybe one or two whose email I don't have, got late, or changed. I will try to catch up with the stragglers tonight.

Cheers all!

Thanks! I'll be in touch soon. Brewing tomorrow but maybe I'll find time to stop by and get my part of the loot. Do you think one homer bucket is big enough for 1/4th of a sack?

Back