Fullers London Pride clone help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhCrap

Reaction score
I was looking for a clone for this beer and found this in BYO, apparently it's the brewmasters recipe converted to extract.
I cut and paste from BYO

Am I right in assuming that the water is topped up to 5 gallons before fermenting? It dosen't say to but reading it it looks like it, any help appreciated:). Really want to get this in the pipeline 
Fuller’s London Pride clone

(5 gallons/19 L, extract with grains)
OG = 1.048 FG = 1.012
IBU = 33* SRM = 14
ABV = 4.7%

Ingredients
6.6 lbs. (3.0 kg) Muntons Light liquid malt extract
14 oz. (0.40 kg) crystal malt (75 °L)
5.83 AAU Target hops (60 min)
*** (0.53 oz./15 g of 11% alpha acids)
2.63 AAU Challenger hops (15 min)
*** (0.35 oz./9.9 g of 7.5% alpha acids)
2.98 AAU Northdown hops (15 min)
*** (0.35 oz./9.9 g of 8.5% alpha acids)
1 tsp Irish moss
Wyeast 1968 (London ESB) or White Labs WLP002 (English Ale) yeast

Step by Step
Steep crystal malt at 153 °F (67 °C) in 3 quarts (2.8 L) for 45 minutes. Add liquid malt extract and water to make 3.0 gallons (11 L). Boil for 60 minutes, adding hops at the times indicated. Cool wort and transfer to fermenter. Pitch yeast and ferment at 68 °F (20 °C).

http://***********/component/resource/article/2398-fuller-s-the-pride-of-london

Yeah, it should be topped up to 5 gallons. Just to be sure, I ran it through Beersmith, and it gave 4.7% ABV. Should work!

zymurph said:
Yeah, it should be topped up to 5 gallons. Just to be sure, I ran it through Beersmith, and it gave 4.7% ABV. Should work!

Thanks, it's one that I'm kinda liking at the min, my dad & BIL's like it to so this is getting lined up :)

A bit sweet, like it hadn't fermented out properly (the FG was steady for 7 days before bottling) it is still conditioning in the hope that it improves with time..... I've since opened s pub and am moving my equipment down to the store there do that u can get back to brewing again, for private consumption only ..

Back