Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakecpunut

Reaction score
When I moved my C02 tank outside my kegerator, I thought I would be SOO HAPPY! haha NOT! I guess I didn't realize how much I would be moving / scooting my kegs around to get to the back of the fridge to change pressures etc etc.. but it's becoming a pain in the arse!

Looks like I'll be moving the gauges outside as well and drilling 2 more holes unless someone can offer a better suggestion..

here's the original video..

Last edited by a moderator:
mine started outside. it's now going inside.

i have a very big keezer though.

yeah I thought about trying to find a bigger fridge but reckon I'll just work with what I've got.. I REALLY hate having those gauges on the side of the fridge outside but oh well.. maybe I can box around 'em or something haha

leave it on the outside.

you should just set the correct PSI for that style and only server that style out of that tap.

-=Jason=-

When I moved my C02 tank outside my kegerator, I thought I would be SOO HAPPY! haha NOT! I guess I didn't realize how much I would be moving / scooting my kegs around to get to the back of the fridge to change pressures etc etc.. but it's becoming a pain in the arse!

Looks like I'll be moving the gauges outside as well and drilling 2 more holes unless someone can offer a better suggestion..

here's the original video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBv3gz14DOA

You do realise there are 3 more wall surfaces inside that fridge, right?

Thus, there is some square footage within that would not require you to futz with kegs to reach a guage.

That said, I have 6 taps, 8 kegs in the keezer, 3 guages, and had to adjust them,

ONCE! Been kegging now going on 4 years.

leave it on the outside.

you should just set the correct PSI for that style and only server that style out of that tap.

-=Jason=-

well I struggle with that when I first bought the setup.. even though I'm an IPA guy I still want the option if I change styles..

I think I still want it outside though since I'm brewing more and it's a pain to get to to purge a new keg and seal it etc..

well I struggle with that when I first bought the setup.. even though I'm an IPA guy I still want to the option if I change it up..

I think I still want it outside though since I'm brewing more and it's a pain to get to to purge a new keg and seal it etc..

ahh its on the inside now.

well you can move it to the out side and run a WYE fitting off of your HIGH output regulator and use that just for purging new kegs or using co2 stone etc.

-=Jason=-

You do realise there are 3 more wall surfaces inside that fridge, right?

Thus, there is some square footage within that would not require you to futz with kegs to reach a guage.

That said, I have 6 taps, 8 kegs in the keezer, 3 guages, and had to adjust them,

ONCE! Been kegging now going on 4 years.

yuppers.. I looked at that when I did what I did.. I do have plenty of line curled up behind the fridge so I may look at moving it to one of the sides before I make a decision.. It is a small fridge though and I'm thinking once I get 4 kegs in there (hopefully soon) I'll still have to move things around to get to the gauges..

I never have to adjust them OTHER than when I fill a new keg and want to seal the lid so I have to move things around, reach back through everything and turn it up to 25 or so then back down..

It's not a huge deal, but I get tired of moving things around just to do that plus I end up stirring up the sediment sometimes when I move a keg then there's more wasted beer! haha

Just hit me, maybe I just need to purchase another small C02 tank just to seal the new kegs with so I won't have to deal with that.. I'd hate to spring for a tank and gauge and line though when I could just move e/thing out..

OK I looked up the thread that inspired my mods. I did basically what this guy did:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/haier-kegerator-fridge-mod-157405/

Looks good, and I have an easy time adjusting the pressures. I can reach right over the cornies to turn each knob individually if I want to. And yes, I DO in fact adjust the pressures for the individual style. Also last week I cranked it up to 24 PSI for a few days to accelerate carbonation on a keg I had swapped in there. Worked perfectly.

ahh its on the inside now.

well you can move it to the out side and run a WYE fitting off of your HIGH output regulator and use that just for purging new kegs or using co2 stone etc.

-=Jason=-

That's something I haven't done.. look at different fittings/options.. I'll chk that out.. thanks!

OK I looked up the thread that inspired my mods. I did basically what this guy did:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/haier-kegerator-fridge-mod-157405/

Looks good, and I have an easy time adjusting the pressures. I can reach right over the cornies to turn each knob individually if I want to. And yes, I DO in fact adjust the pressures for the individual style. Also last week I cranked it up to 24 PSI for a few days to accelerate carbonation on a keg I had swapped in there. Worked perfectly.

Cool, thanks for the link.. I think I'd have a harder time doing something like that with a fridge.. I guess they all could stick off the side though haha

I'll admit that was cheaper than I could find online when I did this. $70 was the best price I found...

With that said, I went to my local tractor supply and had a high pressure hydraulic hose made that can handle over 5000 psi... I even got to select which fittings I wanted, one side 1/4" RH flare and the other 1/4" RH NPT for the stem. Cost me $25! The biggest part of the cost was the 2 fittings @ $9.25 each. Plus the bonus of not having to wait for shipping.

So go check your local tractor shops.

I'll admit that was cheaper than I could find online when I did this. $70 was the best price I found...

With that said, I went to my local tractor supply and had a high pressure hydraulic hose made that can handle over 5000 psi... I even got to select which fittings I wanted, one side 1/4" RH flare and the other 1/4" RH NPT for the stem. Cost me $25! The biggest part of the cost was the 2 fittings @ $9.25 each. Plus the bonus of not having to wait for shipping.

So go check your local tractor shops.

Nice! Yeah that was a Christmas present so it didn't cost me N E thing haha But if I decide to go a different route, TS is right up the road! Thanks for the tip!

Back