2010 ASH Oktoberfest Comp - Brew at DFH Qualifier 10/16

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The 2010 ASH Oktoberfest Competition is October 16th. Entries will be due by Thursday October 14th.

Competition fees are $8 per entry. From your entry fee, a $2 donation will be made to The Beer for Brains Foundation founded by Louis Dolgoff of Dogfish Head.
In 2009, Dolgoff lost his wife of 30 years to an extremely aggressive form of brain cancer known as​
glioblastoma multiforme - the same cancer that killed Senator Edward Kennedy. Laurie Dolgoff died​
shortly after her 55th birthday – 29 months after her initial diagnosis. Dolgoff, a craft-beer industry sales​
manager and event promoter for Dogfish Head Breweries, created the Beer for Brains Foundation​
because of the cutting-edge care she received at Barrow Neurological Institute. Through fundraising​
events like the Off-Centered Experience, Dolgoff hopes to help them find a way to extend the lifespan and​
quality of life for brain cancer patients.​
The Arizona Brewers Guild will also match a portion of the entries up to $500.

A medal at Octoberfest qualifies your entry into the 2011 Papago/ Dogfish Head Off Centered Experience Pro-Am.

The winning Papago Pro AM brewer will have the opportunity to brew at the Dogfish Head Brewpub at Rehoboth Beach or locally here in Arizona and attend the GABF with a coveted Brewer’s Pass.

Medal winners will be informed as to where entries for the Papago/ Dogfish Head Off Centered Experience Pro-Am are to be sent. To be eligible for the Pro-Am, entrants must be an American Homebrewers Association member before submitting their entry to the ASH Oktoberfest Homebrew Competition.

REGISTRATION HERE: http://competitions.azhomebrewers.org

Unlike years past, we will only be requiring 2 bottles, but you should make sure you have beer to submit for the Papago/ Dogfish Head Off Centered Experience Pro-Am

You do not have to be a member of ASH to enter.

Ship Entries to:

ASH Oktoberfest
c/o Brewers Connection
1425 East University Drive
Tempe, AZ 85281-8412
(480) 449-3720

PapagoDFHProAm.jpg

ASH Oktoberfest is an open category bjcp competition.

The medal winning entries from this comp will be the pool with which the GABF 2011 Papago Brewing / Dogfish Head winner will be selected.

This process is separate from the Oktoberfest Best of Show.

Long story short is that you have to medal in this comp to have any chance at the DHF one.

Yes you get your bjcp score back. The DFH thing is some secret process involving the ownership of Papago and representatives for DFH.

Sorry, Yes.

Sheets changed hands once and have been re-located. By now they should be in the mail. DM me if you don't see them in a week or so.

Really sorry that this took so long. I will make sure that that doesn't happen again.

Sorry I didn't mean for it to come across like that. My last few score sheets have been almost Illegible and offered no real feedback.

Feedback was clear and constructive. Way better than Well done good beer. 36/50 or 19/50 with Nice try. I have received from NHC and Sam Adams.

ASH2010: Nice balance of chili with base beer, but too much heat. Back off on chili additions. Heat too powerful. Hazy with little to no head retention but good carbonation level.

As an out-of-state entrant, you should have gotten your sheets back within a week. Often, we spend too much time on the front-end of these things and not time on the back-end. That's not how we want to run our next comp.

R.

Latest posts

Back