sourcing some QD's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found some of those 90deg street elbows on eBay for a very good price. However, they're specified as being cast SS. Would this be a problem? I would think that most of these from other suppliers would be cast anyway...I can't imagine they would be machined. But, it caused me some concern.

Cast is fine. I actually just got some of these also off ebay. You're not going to find machined elbows most likely.

Sawgelok is the best but they cost 38 bucks each, and that doesn't include a male/female combo. So prepare to be bent over prison style. But 10 balls per QD assures a solid connection. And they are smoother than something I probably cannot mention without being banned.

If you can find them on ebay (they do pop up occasionally) then that's the way to go. The More Beer ones are a good choice and I would go with those if the Swagelok ones weren't available.

We use those couplings at work EVERYWHERE! They hold up great to extreme chemicals/conditions, are easy to use, and easy to modify. The only drawback I've found w/ them is that you cannot mix-and-match between manufacturers even though they appear to be identical to the eye.

Latest posts

Back