Breckenridge Agave Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxBrewer

Reaction score
I'm trying to get close to the Breckenridge Brewery Agave Wheat. The grain bill has all the grains listed on their website, but I am just guessing as to how much of each there should be. I would think I might have too much crystal and Munich. This is for a 3 gallon BIAB

Grains & Adjuncts Amount Percentage Name Time Gravity
2.50 lbs 42.59 % Pale Malt (2 Row) US 60 mins 1.036
1.25 lbs 21.29 % White Wheat Malt 60 mins 1.040
1.00 lbs 17.04 % Wheat, Torrified 60 mins 1.036
0.50 lbs 8.52 % Munich Malt - 10L 60 mins 1.035
0.50 lbs 8.52 % Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L 60 mins 1.035
0.12 lbs 2.04 % Cara-Pils/Dextrine 60 mins 1.033

Hops Amount
0.50 ozs 5 minutes Williamette
0.5 ozs Cascade 60 mins

Yeasts Amount Name Laboratory / ID 1.0 pkg Safale US-05 Fermentis US-05

Additions Amount Name Time Stage
1.00 lb Agave 15 mins Boil
1.00 oz Orange Peel 05 mins Boil

Mash Profile BIAB 60 min @ 154.0°F Add 17.61 qt ( 3.00 qt/lb ) water @ 159.6°F

Hi there-

I was wondering how your Agave Wheat turned out? I might try out your recipe!

Hi there-

I was wondering how your Agave Wheat turned out? I might try out your recipe!

Hey, sorry I didn't respond sooner! It turned out good! I definitely liked it. It wasn't anything like the breckenridge agave wheat but it was sure tasty.

Thanks for the reply- This was my first attempt at BIAB, so I increased the amounts on all of the ingredients because I was skeptical about my ability to coax the starches to convert to sugars. I did a pretty bad job of holding the mash temperatures- it went from 150 up to 170 and down and up and down etc. Surprisingly (to me at least), I had a sweet wort after an hour with an OG 1.051 before the agave.

I rushed the fermentation and ended up with bottle bombs, but my amateur efforts to follow your recipe were still good. Next time, I will get better control on the temperatures, I will trust the BIAB process and use the appropriate amounts of ingredients, and I won't rush bottling. Thanks for the recipe!

Back