Painting Crowns

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chugmaster

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience painting the tops of crowns with spray paint or any other type of paint? I'd like to use different colour crowns to distinguish between batches.

Thanks.

See also: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/excellent-source-round-3-4-labels-265575/

where I suggest a place to buy colored round labels in literally dozens of colors in increments as small as one sheet at a time. I still use them and print beer names on them with a laser printer. The color really does help me find beer in the darkened basement. Paint is a hassle, go for the stickers.

I always stamped or used round stickers.

They make waterproof ink pads and millions of interesting stamps.

If you don't like any of the above terrific suggestions I'd suggest colored permanent markers before paint.

If you have a Michael's Crafts (or similar MEGA craft store..) Just wander down the sticker and stamp aisles. You will be inspired!!

My favorite was a tiny spider stamp I would use with RED waterproof ink.

Just one little red tick on top of the bottles of a certain batch.

There are also stickers that look like they were made for bottle caps. One of my favorites had 5 different fall leaves. I used each different leaf for 1 of 5 different fall beers.

Back