having a bad day ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stupid

Reaction score
so, think my mash will get stuck later today?

today
woke up to find 2 gallons of stew that i forgot to put away last night
the beer from 2 weeks ago has got something growing on it

i noticed that my s-shaped air lock was bubbling in reverse and the beer i made yesterday has leaked 1/2 a gallon+ on the floor overnight because my new valve leaks , so i had to find a bucket to put it in while i replaced the valve with a spare. while dumping back into my fermenter i dumped another 1/2 gallon on my 2 week old shoe.

found that the beer i kegged yesterday ate what was left in one of my co2 tanks from a leak at the lid.

the malt that i was crushing with my victoria mill had rocks in it and was locking up my 1950's drill that runs it.

my daughters boyfriends mother stopped by to pick up my daughter and my strike water overheated since she wanted to talk forever.

my rice hulls had mouse poo in it that i had to pick out since that is all i have and already started my 90% wheat mash.

i noticed a while later that i forgot to add some grain to my mash, set it next to the only citra hops that i have when i was taking the lid off my mash and dumped the hops in my mash instead and then had to fish them out before they sank down in the mash.

to top it off, i cant start drinking because i have to drive my daughter later.

otherwise it is a really nice brew day today. :)

and , i almost forgot , when i grabbed one of the bags of wheat that was labeled 9# - i thought hmm that does not look like 9 pounds and turned it around and then found that i had already opened the bag and dumped grain on the floor.

i just broke my thermometer now.

grrr.jpg

Wow. At this point I'm compelled to ask: are your life insurance policy premiums paid up?

Cheers! ;)

(ps: please tell us you use plastic fermenters!)

Thank you for making me feel better about my own problems. That's a rough brew day! Ultimately it will result in beer, so it is all worth it in the end...

That's a rough brew day for sure. I'd be extremely hesitant about using anything that had rodent feces in it.

if i had never seen the pond water beer in "how beer saved the world" i would have tossed it. but hey , duck poo, mouse poo, meh...

now there is a forest fire and they are evacuating 2 miles from my house. but i am doing great now. i found a wit labeled 11/16/11 and it was fantastic.

Hit refresh on today and start over tomorrow! Good luck on your ventures.

Back