Another Control Panel Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theonetrueruss

Reaction score
Here is a mock up of what I am planning for a control panel. Image should be attached.

My question is about my selector switch. I am planning to have it select which PID is controlling my element. I am having a hard time finding a switch that can switch between 3 inputs to 1 output. Or rather the way I am planning it 1 power source to 3 different outputs that will power relays that close the circuit with the control voltage of the PIDS to a SSR that will control the element.

Any ideas?

Control Panel.jpg

What about using a selector switch to switch the SSR outputs from the pid's. You could switch the negative side of the signal from the PID to control the element from different PID's that way. A 3PST switch should do that just fine. And the amperage draw to the SSR's through the switch will be nominal. Just an idea to control the output side of the PID rather than selecting a whole PID to be in control of your process. I hope I 'splained that well enough to understand, I suck at tech explanations. Otherwise that a great looking panel design too.
Wheelchair Bob

Hi

When things start to get crazy, often it's cheaper / easier to run a set of relays with a simple switch. Let the relays switch everything around.

Bob

I think I worked it out... will use switch with relays. Of course now that I've priced out the whole thing it is going to have to happen slowly... piece by piece.

Use a 3 position maintained switch with 2 NO contacts and one NC contact. Jumper one side of the contacts

Use a 3 position maintained switch with 2 NO contacts and one NC contact. Jumper one side of the contacts
Excellent.!

A 3 position - center off - switch can be easily wired to do that with the n/o & n/c modules.

You made my mind jump with your description.

(I even drew up a switch set to see the possibilities.)

switch-nc-off-no.jpg

Thanks for that.

P-J

you guys make this easy... now if only you had a way to make all the cash for this project materialize and not get sucked up by the family :) It'll happen. I can feel it. so close.

Back