Awesome Brew Day. My day off!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHN51277

Reaction score
I don't get many days off, but when i do, I play hard. Because I work hard too. Today I decided to do nothing but make a batch of beer and relax all day. I have some Gov't Mule Pandora radio blastin, some Oaked/Bourbon arrogant ale clone flowing, and a porter mashing right now. It is a perfect day in FL. Fired up a cigar and just chillin out. It son't get much better than this.

I could really get used to this. Too bad I have a long way to go till retirement. Anyone else brewing today?

What are you brewing?

porter brew.jpg

I am so jealous! I was thinking about taking a vacation day on Thursday and doing the same thing. I did last month and it was the best day ever. Actually brewed back to back batches and finished just when the wife and kids were getting home.

Carry on John!

Nice, it's like fishing, the worst day brewing (if there is such a thing) is better than the best day working. I've never had a bad brew day though. Citra/vienna smash sounds perfect, I've some citra coming to try in my special red, carry on.

That is a very nice cigar you have there my friend! Looks like an awesome day!

What did you do, run out of Ghurkas?
You could have smoked something better than that Graycliff!!!!!

Zip it Travis. Just grabbed that because I had never had one and it was eyeballin me as soon as I opened the humidor!

T-52 for tonight!

I have all week off to burn vacation time. Today I did the following.

Mowed the lawn
sprayed with weed killer
back sweetened a hard cider and resealed fermentor
Kegged 10 gallons of Lagunitas IPA clone
Finished Kegerator

Tomorrow I plan on brewing 10 gallons of cream ale.

Back