Lowest priced Turkey you can find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same. Wife always gets one free from work. Gets a ham at Christmas and Easter as well.

We usually fry it up for lunch meat. Dinner birds are fresh Amish raised hens.

Same. Wife always gets one free from work. Gets a ham at Christmas and Easter as well.

We usually fry it up for lunch meat. Dinner birds are fresh Amish raised hens.

Same here...cook up the free bird for sandwiches/soup/whathaveyou and get a smaller good quality bird for the actual meal.

77 cents a pound at the local albertsons store blew the doors off of walmarts 1.10 a pound. but HEB has buy a ham get a free 10-13 pound turkey

free......

Well not so much after you take into account the shotgun the ammo the gas to get to the spot and the day off from work...

I paid $2.99/#, but got free range blah blah blah, I think they will taste much better. One is getting fried, the other roasted (mostly b/c I may screw one up...never done this before)

IRL I work on POS systems in restaurants and I always get a free smoked turkey from a BBQ place every year, plus gravy and stuffing from other places.

I've heard them advertise frozen turkeys on the radio for something like 29 or 39 cents a pound here. For thanksgiving I'll always buy a fresh free-range turkey from one of the overpriced "organic" stores but shoot, at 29 cents a pound, it almost makes me want to buy a freezer and stock up. I could find a bunch of different ways to cook that turkey throughout the year! Actually I was just thinking about thawing one out, cutting all the meat into little cubes then running it through my meat grinder to make a whole bunch of ground turkey.

Wegman's sells them for $.39/lb no catch (except having a shoppers card). Thing is they are the 'basted' kind, essentially injected like probably 70% of the Turkeys out there. Nothing like a fresh Turkey, I think we got them for around $1.39 last year or something like that. Giant gives you a free Turkey if you buy enough stuff in October up until the 15th of November.

Back