Group Buy in Chicago #9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmason1623

Reaction score
We are starting another group buy in Chicago. This will be the 9th one that I have run. Everyone is invited to participate, however, you must live in the Chicago area including neighboring IN, MI, WI. If you haven't registered before, you can do so below at the ordering database (you will be redirected to the database host server).

chicagohomebrewers.org/grain.

The link is within the database group buy information.

EDIT: This buy will close at 12:01 AM September 23, 2013.

EDIT#2: This buy will close at 12:01 AM September 23, 2013.

EDIT#3: This will be the last group buy until March 2014.

How much do you guys pay for a 50lb of Briess 2-row? Just seeing if it's worth driving over from MI to do this.

How much do you guys pay for a 50lb of Briess 2-row? Just seeing if it's worth driving over from MI to do this.

How many pounds are you looking at possibly buying? If you're looking at only one 50 lb bag then I'll say it's probably not worth it. If you're looking at bulk, like 500 lbs then it's probably worth it.

jflongo said:

Where in Michigan? We're over there quite a bit, so delivery, or at least a 120 mile reduction in driving, might be possible.

Where in Michigan? We're over there quite a bit, so delivery, or at least a 120 mile reduction in driving, might be possible.

I'm in Grand Rapids area, so about 3 hrs. Just curious how much you guys pay. I know here I can get a 50lb bag of 2 row for $40. Plus last time they had a store wide sale 15% off, so I got my bag for $34.

I'm in Grand Rapids area, so about 3 hrs. Just curious how much you guys pay. I know here I can get a 50lb bag of 2 row for $40. Plus last time they had a store wide sale 15% off, so I got my bag for $34.

when's the last time you priced out grain?

i cant find canadian 2 row when i search is it not ava if not,what are our choices

The opening page looked different than last time so I signed up like I was new even though I've participated in previous buys. Probably didn't need to do that?

I'm in my account so please ignore my new member request.

The opening page looked different than last time so I signed up like I was new even though I've participated in previous buys. Probably didn't need to do that?

I'm in my account so please ignore my new member request.

Yep, you didn't. Try to sign in with your old password, if that doesn't work, use the forgot password.

subscribed. Hopefully this time around I can spend a few more minutes at the pickup and meet some people!

And for anyone who is getting in for the first time (like me last time), take the advice of buying more than you think.

I had to to sign up again as my login didn't work. I'll probably only get one sack of 2row and something else.

When will this close? My brewing time has suffered with vacation and moving and I don't know if I'll have anything to bring. Yesterday was my first brew since July 1.

We purposely limited the base malts. Last time we had too many different pallets with bags mixed in with other malts. This just makes it simpler. Besides, I would be very hard pressed to believe that the differences in base malt is more than negligible.

I am holding off on signing in. I may only get vase grain... Need to count the homer buckets and see what is light.

Whats the preferred English base from what is available. I use american2 row and supplement with specialty.pearl looks like a good option, but I've never used it.

We purposely limited the base malts. Last time we had too many different pallets with bags mixed in with other malts. This just makes it simpler. Besides, I would be very hard pressed to believe that the differences in base malt is more than negligible.

That totally makes sense. I'm not "brand" type of buyer it's more of a price point thing and at that price per bag I'm doing the :ban:

Im still good on grain from GB#8 but im kicking myself for not getting more hops :(

Is there a listing of what grain is available? Also, is there going to be a google docs file with everyone that signed up? Begin2Brew, are you going to participate? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back