• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Massachusetts Plastic and steel Firkins (casks) for sale.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olaf_Mead_Maker

Reaction score
Looking to liquidate some brewing assets in preparation for a big cross-country move. I have 14 plastic firkins (10.8 US gallons) for sale all have been used professionally before but are in great condition and make a fine cask ale. I also have 5 steel firkins for sale as well. All firkins are in great shape but need a cleaning (obviously).

Steel firkins are 100$ each.
Plastic firkins are 45$ each.

Metal Firkin.jpg

Plastic Firkin.jpg

Nice prices on those. You don't see casks come up for sale very often either. A firkin is too big for my needs (I have a pin) but good luck with the sale. Also for those interested in casks... You can shop for the accessories you'll need to use these at ukbrewing.com & northernbrewer.com

So shipping chart for you all

11221: 44$
48723: 71$
19605: 47$
64153: 83$
48723: 65$

These shipping prices are absurd but that's what the P.O. guy quoted me. Anyone know how to reduce shipping rates?

These shipping prices are absurd but that's what the P.O. guy quoted me. Anyone know how to reduce shipping rates?

That actually sounds about right...I've not shipping prices have gone up in the last couple months...I just shipped one beer entry for a competition...3 hours away for $10!!!!..and that was the cheap option

Trying to set up with a few co-workers who pass though weekly for pickup. PM me contact info and availability for pickup
Thanks,
Walter

Edit: Got a confirmation that I have someone available for pickup.

Up on Point Pleasant here.

You interested in one of the casks if I can get someone to pick up and they're still available?

Cheers. I want to say yes but that means delving into beer engine territory which means more wallet drain...

Good luck though!

Wondering if this would be an ideal solution to lagering a 10-gallon batch. Any ideas about long-term storage in these things?

Haha! I grew up on Hartsdale and then I sat next to you at the last UNYHA meeting.

You in for one or a few? I have one of the guys from work committed for pickup.

Olaf - Rochester is looking for 2-5 of the stainless and 2+ plastic firkins and accessories if available.

You in for one or a few? I have one of the guys from work committed for pickup.

Olaf - Rochester is looking for 2-5 of the stainless and 2+ plastic firkins and accessories if available.

Very tempting but I looked in my wallet and there's already 2 "I owe mes" in there

Back