Kal Clone almost complete.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skodi

Reaction score
Well its been a long tiresome road but I am almost done. Would like to thank a ton of people for the help even tho they probably didn't know they were helping. Anyway I will try to post some pics after this. I warn you they wont be "awsome". I am just happy this is winding down and I should be making some brew on my new system in a couple weeks.

Price break down for this build is as follows. I will spare the intricate breakdown for now.

Waytek: wire, connectors, cable ties, cord reliefs ---- 51.00

Amazon: Elements, 50a plug, silver solder and flux,
flanged outlets, thermal grease, contactors --- 248.96

EbaY: 50a lifeline (Main power), Element cords, lights
switches, terminal blocks, XLR connectors --- 243.25

Brewers Hardware; Welding Spuds --- 22.00

Auber Inst: Timer and PIDS --- 179.76

Heat sink: Heatsink USA?? (can't remember) --- 27.00

Home Depot; Spa Panel and misc supplies --- 100.00

Electric Brewery: Temp probes (yet to come) ~~ 125.00

I am sure this won't bet posted like I wrote it...just know I tried to keep it neat.

Panel was salvaged fee-be form a cousin.
6/4 wire from Main box to spa was also free-be

Attempt at panel pic.

DSCN2136.jpg

DSCN2138.jpg

DSCN2139.jpg

DSCN2141.jpg

I like the wire managers. I am in IT and I uses these in my racks religiously. Never thought if using the smaller ones in my enclosure.

The wire ducts came with the enclosure as shown. I just arranged it in a way to use them the most efficient I could. I am no electrician, and if I had to do it over again, there would be several changes. I would combine more neutrals together and lessen the amount of wire I needed. All in all it turned out a little sloppier than I wanted, but better than I anticipated. The enclosure is HUGE, and should make it a snap to upgrade to 50a if I so choose in future.

for anyone wondering the way i mounted my elements to my kettles..i Went the poll method with PVC couplers..so far been easy to accomplish.

Back