I'm just so tired of beer..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
running out when I go to pour a glass! :mad:

Poured about 2 ounces into a small glass to get the first bit of foam out of the way and when I started filling the real glass I got nothing but gunk from the bottom!

So I had to drink that 2 ounces of foamy IPA.

Man, I thought I had more left in that keg! I don't even have an IPA to replace it with. It was some of the best Two-Hearted Clone I have made too.

I need to rig up some kind of early warning system in my kegerator.

Now what to make to replace it? I have a Blonde Ale on tap and a Chocolate Porter in bottles that should be ready *enough* to start drinking soon. That should get me by, although the chocolate porter was supposed to be for the wife (if she likes it) or for some friends (if she doesn't).

Maybe an Irish Red? Another IPA would be nice, but I'm always ready to try something new.

That is a rotten feeling when the tap shoots that thick crud into your glass and then gives that whoosh sound signaling the end to a beautiful relationship.

running out when I go to pour a glass! :mad:

Poured about 2 ounces into a small glass to get the first bit of foam out of the way and when I started filling the real glass I got nothing but gunk from the bottom!

So I had to drink that 2 ounces of foamy IPA.

Man, I thought I had more left in that keg! I don't even have an IPA to replace it with. It was some of the best Two-Hearted Clone I have made too.

I need to rig up some kind of early warning system in my kegerator.

Now what to make to replace it? I have a Blonde Ale on tap and a Chocolate Porter in bottles that should be ready *enough* to start drinking soon. That should get me by, although the chocolate porter was supposed to be for the wife (if she likes it) or for some friends (if she doesn't).

Maybe an Irish Red? Another IPA would be nice, but I'm always ready to try something new.

Maybe a quick cream ale to get you through these trying times? Don't try to replace it with something similar, it just won't be the same. I'm down to my last 2 bottles of my Cascade APA and I'm really going to miss it. There's gonna be a tear in the last beer.

I feel your pain. I find myself, as I fear the keg getting towards the end, pulling shorter and shorter pours. Mathematically, the amount of the beer is constant, but I somehow convince myself that I am "stretching" my supply this way.

I feel your pain. I find myself, as I fear the keg getting towards the end, pulling shorter and shorter pours. Mathematically, the amount of the beer is constant, but I somehow convince myself that I am "stretching" my supply this way.

I was just talking to my wife about the bottler's equivalent of this: I have decided I like the 11.2 ounce bottles that some breweries are putting out. You get another few bottles out of your batch, and that means a lot more to me than an extra 0.8 ounces each time.

To be honest, It has been a while since I brewed it. It's lasted pretty good. I just thought there should be more!

I like the indicators posted, but I wonder if someone could do the same thing with some hot water on the side of the keg. You might be able to see or feel where the beer level is by slightly warming up the outside of the keg. The area where the beer is would be noticeably colder. The sides of a keg aren't very thick.

To be honest, It has been a while since I brewed it. It's lasted pretty good. I just thought there should be more!

I like the indicators posted, but I wonder if someone could do the same thing with some hot water on the side of the keg. You might be able to see or feel where the beer level is by slightly warming up the outside of the keg. The area where the beer is would be noticeably colder. The sides of a keg aren't very thick.

I've never tried it with a keg, but one way to check the level of a propane tank is to spray some water on it and feel where it's the coolest. Doesn't have to be hot water. It would probably work for a keg.

Kicking a keg means I can move something out of the conditioning cabinet and start planning the next brew.

I'm so forgetful.

I have 5 gallons of Dos Equis Amber left over from a wedding reception in the fridge in the garage. I hope it's not all oxidized!

Back