Expand my horizons...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadicalEd

Reaction score
Ok, so far I've done a a wheat and a dry Irish stout; what would you recommend next to a fledgling brewer? I have sufficient equipment for a partial mash brew (need a big pot and chiller before I can hit all grain). My beer experience has been pretty limited as of yet; what would you recommend I take a stab at next?

More specifics:
-3 gallon boiling capacity
-3 hops on hand: Cascades, Northern Brewer, and EKG (I can get more, but I'd prefer to base it one these)
-massive cooler MLT

Alternatively, if you have a recipe that is really worth it, I'd be willing to scale it down to a 2-3 gallon batch AG.

Thanks in advance!

Two come to mind right away- an American Pale Ale or an English Bitter. You could use the NB hops as the bittering in an APA with cascades for finishing and aroma. EKG hops make a great English bitter. Both styles are great beers, too.

Thanks for the recommendations, Yooper! Now I just need to mull over some recipes and decide which one...

Back