I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brew done and under airlock, everything cleaned up. Hit OG perfectly, temps all good, wort nicely chilled and oxygenated. Hopefully in a few weeks it will be a nice hoppy English pale ale.

My brewing world is in order. A few deep breaths, a final SNPA, and I think it will be bedtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Beaks & LG, i sort of forgot about you guys. I'll get your supplies out next week for sure.
No worries mate. Life and all that.

Man, the neighbors have been procreating like rabbits. 6 bags of candy gone in 30 minutes. I'm out of candy, so the door is locked, the lights are out, and the boil is on. Finally some peace and the warm fragrant aroma of malt and EKG fills the house. Ahhh....
The cops asked people to trick or treat between 6-8 pm around here. What's amazing, is that people actually did. Lights off now, and I'll be heading to bead shortly.

By the time we got home last night the neighborhood was quiet so I returned the $30 worth of candy I'd bought earlier at WallyWorld, I expected to get store credit. Nope. Food can only be swapped for food at WallyWorld. I didn't realize candy was considered food but that might help explain the obesity problem in the US.

I just came in from the backyard after two very large centipedes decided to provide me some excitement. They were about 5-6 inches long. I should have grabbed my camera and taken a pic of them but was to busy freaking out like a little girl. Do you know those things wriggle around for quite awhile after you chop then up with a garden spAde. ;)

I'm actually going to post something about brewing. It's been a while for me. :eek:

Is there a beer I could ferment for a 2-4 months with basically no temp control? (Ambient air temp around 80F during the day and 70F or so at night)

Thanks! :mug:

I'm actually going to post something about brewing. It's been a while for me. :eek:

Is there a beer I could ferment for a 2-4 months with basically no temp control? (Ambient air temp around 80F during the day and 70F or so at night)

Saisson. Or a Belgian Golden Strong Ale (e.g., Duvel). I'd done both of those at warm temperatures.

Saisons and Belgians do well at higher temps. Not sure about leaving the beer on the yeast for that long though..

Pappy, Mike

Thanks guys! I wish I'd of asked the question a few weeks ago and had the ingredients ready in Hawaii. I leave on Sunday but if the next trip out isn't the final move. I know of one thing I'll be doing next trip. I can't wait to try out the tap water here for brewing and my brew stand looks so out of place covered in plants! Haha

Cheers!!

There's a brew stand somewhere under all that foilage. :)

image-1270201079.jpg

I was gonna carve a face onto my Halloween pumpkin. I had been keeping it in my fermenting freezer. I thought the image was cool, so snap. Just in case anyone wonders if I actually brew, here's evidence.

Happy Halloween, brewers!

fermenting-with-pumpkin-61277.jpg

Damn, You got me beat. only have five fermenters going right now ( plus a gallon of asian pear cider going).

I was gonna carve a face onto my Halloween pumpkin. I had been keeping it in my fermenting freezer. I thought the image was cool, so snap. Just in case anyone wonders if I actually brew, here's evidence.

Happy Halloween, brewers!

fermenting-with-pumpkin-61277.jpg

Sounds vaguely like sex in the 70's.
That lil feller is outnumbered. :D

What starts with "B"?

I"ll start -
Beer
Brew
Beard (I can't grow a decent one by-the-way) :eek:

Okay, that's it for me.

Your turn!

haha. I'm getting ready for the holidays. I have company coming. I brewed all those early Sunday morning - brewed and cleaned up before noon.

But yea, I do like my beer.

Has to be at least two batches. 20 on the pale and 10 on the IPA? That was an early start to be done by noon. I like your labeling system...exactly what we do. The tape from the fermenter goes onto the keg with any additional info sharpied on along the way.

Bread. Let's not talk about bread here. Start a bread thread. It's better than being dead. My beer has nice head. I like the color red. I really should go to Bed.

oh these twisted roads i do sometimes travel got me snorting dust and pebble gravel could have something to do with to much brew vacation from the brain theres nothing to do bt the way if this is not my most screwy ramble im done im done my eggs are scrambled

i'd better eat and clean this house before the wife comes home and calls me a louse

see you all laters
alligators :fro:

I was just kidding about the bread guys...sheesh.

Tomorrow, I have to finish our deer Blind, collect some deer Bait, get some firewood for the brewshop, get our deer licences (my son's first), stow my rider mower for the winter...that's all I can remember right now.

B****

i said I was off for the night
probably not true you see in your sight
i'm not going to capitalize cause that shift key is broken
and for sure really guys, i'm not doing some toke-n
who brought up that riddle thread?
must have been LRB; enough said
He is the greatest riddle master ever!
i'm not kidding, and ischiavo really is not
a bed wetter
man i remember those times so well
that thread overcame for me some big swells