What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stout day. My wife has the car and I can't get to the store, so m drinking whatever stouts I had sitting in a box out n my garage.

First up is a Russian Imperial Stout I made about 3 years ago...

image-2576528912.jpg

weirdboy said:
Stout day. My wife has the car and I can't get to the store, so m drinking whatever stouts I had sitting in a box out n my garage.

First up is a Russian Imperial Stout I made about 3 years ago...

Now that looks TASTY

jperry said:
It's San Diego's Beer Week, so I went out to a lil place and got to drink a few different beers from Bear Republic. Racer 5, Racer X, Black Racer, And TarTare.

Is Racer X the double IPA? How was it? I was thinking about picking up today but it was $7.99 a 22oz!

elproducto said:
Old Rasputin.. amazing.

I am brewing a RIS finally tomorrow. Just need to find a recipe.

Opened a year old bottle of bourbon barrel old rasputin during a poker game last sunday. My buddies and i loved it. Incredibly smooth for 11.5% or whatever it was.

Sipping on some elijah craig 12 right now. Mmm bourbon. Need to ake myself a bourbon stout soon...

Ok, done with stouts for the day. I thought I'd take a sample of my dry- and keg-hopped wheat IPA and although the carbonation is a little out of balance still, it tastes and smells AWESOME. Very happy with this one.

image-3102933223.jpg

...........so, how is it?

It's still pretty good, but definitely past its prime at this stage. It was still extremely tasty the last time I had some about 12-18 months ago, but at this point it's starting to pick up more sherry (and other) flavors from oxidation than I would really like. Not bad, but not good, either. I'd probably score it in the mid-high 20's or so.

It's getting to be that time of year when I am thinking about brewing another stout, though..so I may make another one pretty soon.

Wow, had a crazy dream last night:

Had 2 bottles of Gueze and only had a cage (both should be corked and caged), I took the cage off one to put on the other and then the cork popper out and I was panicking, trying to get the cork in.

I have no idea why I'd dream that, however it has just reminded me I've got a bottle of 3 Fontenien Gueze in the cellar that I'd forgotten about. Maybe it's a sign I should drink it tonight?

I just passed my fitness test for the Navy today. As a treat to myself, my drinking tonight will be extensive in nature and copious in amount. Getting things started on a very good note with this bad boy courtesy of NordeastBrewer77.

20121109_163833.jpg

Just had a fire rock PA clone. About to try out the new glencairn scotch glasses the wife got me on some JW green. Then there's a Young's double chocolate in the fridge.

Janet's Little Brown Anise Ale - It's the Janet's Brown Ale recipe, but I added a touch of star anise to be adventurous.

I keep seeing this but never pick it up. I finally decided to get it today. Pretty good English IPA. Been drinking mostly American IPAs lately so the less aggressive hop character threw me off at first. If you see it I think it's worth a try.

20121109_193345.jpg

Wife commented today that we have too many bottles of wine, so I decides to crack this one open this evening. Truett-Hearst 2010 White Sheep Pinot Noir. Extremely tasty; even my wife who normally doesn't like reds thinks it's great.

image-3337486381.jpg

RauelDuke said:
21st brewing Back in Black. Man I love this stuff.

I really like that one. I had a flight on Virgin a couple months ago that was upgraded to first class, and I literally drank their entire supply of it on the airplane over the 5 hour trip.

Latest posts

Back