Cold lagered beer - need keg conditioning?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDVDuber

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, new to the whole keg scene. If I cold lagered a beer for 2 months do I need to keg condition it before I start serving or does the cold lagering count?

Thanks.

MDVDuber said:
Hey, new to the whole keg scene. If I cold lagered a beer for 2 months do I need to keg condition it before I start serving or does the cold lagering count?

Thanks.

If it's to your taste, just hook up the gas and start drinking in a week or two.

That sounds like - hold your horses, carb correctly and your keg conditioning concerns are moot.

Actually I can live with that answer. Thanks!

Well if it was carbed to begin with, then you really dont need the week or two on gas, it should be fine right away!

Mmm a two month lagered beer sounds so good! I am trying to wait out my Oktoberfest Ale until October, but have a feeling that the first keg will be done by the end of summer.

Thanks for your help. The FG sample tasted pretty good so I might have to just go with it....

I'd love to say that it was my boundless self control that let the beer lager for 2 months (or more - it pains me to count the number of weeks I haven't brewed!) but it was mostly that my life has been crazy busy since March. But I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel - Good thing since I have some 11-11-11 to bottle up soon...

Back