The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know him but RIP.

I'm farkin' sore this morning. Alice worked me like a hired hand all weekend. Fertilizer, weedkiller, power washed the deck and the house, moved everything off the porch so we could paint it, then did so, half a dozen trips to Home Depot, dug up and planted asparagus, onions, potatoes, spinach and lettuce. I should go back to bed.

I'm hitting the honey-do list hard too. Auto repars. Painting a room. Raked off the yard, fertilize. Its been stoopid. Tomorrow I finish the repairs, cold crash two beers, and move the furniture back into the painted room. After I've slept a few hours in the morning, of course. At work pulling yet another overnight.

Say what you will about the recent Republican administrations, when they went to foreign lands and visited the local 'working class,' they at least didn't quibble over the bill. How low rent can you get?

And yes, I know that the Secret Service is non partisan . Shut up.

Screw the ***** slap. I think the announcers said he had only one fighting penalty this year. Go toe to toe. The worse thing is Lucic then gets out of the headlock on the ice and proceeds to pummel him.

Actually Dale Hunter needs to be ***** slapped for complaining about cheap shots.

The best part of that whole thing with Alzner and Lucic was Jack Edwards call talking about Alzner making the "crying" gesture with his hand. It was something like... "of course Lucic can't return that gesture or else he would scratch his cornea with his Stanley Cup Champion ring!!"

Love Jack...

paulthenurse said:
Got home this morning and put s four pound brisket on the electric smoker. The brisket is cured with salt for a week then rubbed with garlic powder, crushed coriander seeds and coarsely crushed black pepper. Seriously good pastrami for supper tonight

What time is dinner? What time are we getting our blood pressure checked after words?

Drunky and I did 17 miles this evening. The Pinch Flat Rollers are rolling.

And here's the proof.

funny_fat_people_05.jpg

Looking good, Paulie!

You know, I was very much in the camp of "Bobby V might be exactly what this team needs, whether they like it or not." And, I still firmly believe that Tito had to go.

But, Jesus Christ, has there been a game in which Bobby V has *not* made a dumb managerial decision? Is he trying to prove how important he is to the game by proving how bad a manager he is? "Let's take Bard out, even though he's still pitching well!" "Oh, Bard's exausted, he's just walked a three batters, let's see if he can make it four." "Let's see what happens when I piss off my most important players by talking out of my ass."

"The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Bobby Valentine." Ought to be a show.

I'm half-convinced he's trying to get fired before the end of May, so he can take the summer off with a couple extra million in his pocket. Really, what else could he do wrong?

Glibby! How you doing!

Just about to blow out of this popstand. the_Bean's been staying with the MIL, out in the Finger Lakes, during her vacation. Heading out to pick her up, and while we're out there to drink an appropriately excessive amount of wine at a fancy-shmancy wine-tasting dinner tomorrow night. I'll be eating better than you ****s tomorrow night, I'll guess.

So where can I read the regs about nanobrewing that cape brewing is going to start? Not that I'm about ready to shell out for a 1bbl brewery just yet, but...

Google is your friend.

I dont google since they link and track everything you do on line. Ruins my pr0n viewing experience.

I did a search. Seems like the farmer's license is getting the hammer unless one can demonstrate 50% mass grown production? hops isn't a huge problem but barley malt? I searched that too, and I found NO commercial barley growing operations in the state for use in malt.

That 50% threshold went out the window almost as soon as they put it in.

The basic steps are:
1) sign a lease on space. You can't file any paperwork with the Feds until you have either the title or executed lease in hand on your space. It also almost impossible to use a private residence as the brewery in Mass
2) Get your TTB brewers license (the Feds)
3) Once your get your TTB license, you get your state license (in Mass it is the ABCC that grant it)

That is basically it except you need surety bonds, liability insurance for general liability and possible damage to your space. You can look forward to dealing with local building inspectors, plumbing inspectors, fire dept., etc.

Valley Malt in Hadley might disagree...

Cheers!

Fuggin second rate search engines... Awesome to know!

That 50% threshold went out the window almost as soon as they put it in.

The basic steps are:
1) sign a lease on space. You can't file any paperwork with the Feds until you have either the title or executed lease in hand on your space. It also almost impossible to use a private residence as the brewery in Mass
2) Get your TTB brewers license (the Feds)
3) Once your get your TTB license, you get your state license (in Mass it is the ABCC that grant it)

That is basically it except you need surety bonds, liability insurance for general liability and possible damage to your space. You can look forward to dealing with local building inspectors, plumbing inspectors, fire dept., etc.

Thanks! I knew they pulled a license recently for not following the 50% rule and was wondering how that all turned out. I am far from that point, but I might know of someone who's not.

You going to Red Newt for dinner?

We did. Nine Wines Blind.

Honestly... we both REALLY miss Deb's cooking. Wasn't nearly as good. Less nuanced. Over-the-top with a lot of the seasoning. Overcooked fish. A mid-dinner beer terrine that was really not very good.

Really, was kind of a disappointing night - smaller gathering, yet less intimate. Last year, we were drinking until almost midnight, long after the dessert course; last night, they were taking away our (still half-full) wine glasses at 10:00.

But, got away from the kids for the night, bought a couple cases of wine. Some really, really nice new whiskeys at Finger Lakes Distillery.

As far as the other thing goes, I'm way willing to cut them slack for now. As much as the resteraunt misses Deb, Dave misses her worse.

Oh, we know. Wife was commenting that it looks like he's put on some weight in the past year. The disappointment in this weekend's food speaks 99.9% to how phenomenal Deb's cooking was. Seems like maybe he's given even more of the winemaking over to Brandon; Dave was referring to himself as the executive winemaker, while Brandon was the one speaking of all the details.

Thinking the weekend of July 13th. Maybe go up Friday evening, stay over until Sunday? Part of this weekend was a scouting trip for accommodations. I'll make some calls this week and inquire about availability on a few places.

Cool. We're in. I'll put in for that weekend tonight.

I wanted to go back and delete my last post cause I was afraid I made it sound like you were an uncaring SOB, but i got some four knife wound trauma in the door and got a little busy for a while. We all know that I'm the uncaring SOB. Go get your own persona.

EDIT: "Beet terrine," not "Beer terrine."

It was just kind of a different vibe this time. They seemed to rush us out. Last year, we were drinking until midnight, then Brandon and his buddies invited us out to drink some more. I don't want to overproject on how much was Deb's not being there... but there was a vibrancy there last year that was kind of missing.

Best part of the evening was probably the appearance of Vincent Vega, or at least his doppleganger. Greasy mullet, puffy face, same strut... I fully expected his tote bag to start glowing.

Oh, and I just don't mean to sound like a dink, I'm sure that it's been the absolute worst year of Dave's life. I don't know Dave, but I kind of feel like I do because I've read enough about their backstory (Dave and Deb were featured pretty prominently in a book, "Summer In A Glass," that I bought last year).

I remember stopping at the Red Newt on a self guided winery tour like 5 years ago. We visited in the afternoon and didn't eat there but I probably still have some of their wine in my basement (which for riesling and I think I got some whites are probably bad by now....). I was up doing college recruitment at Cornell. Best wine and food trip I took in a long time. Cornell's culinary school had five top chefs from NYC and SF putting on a dinner. Then the next day we went to the fingerlakes. If you ever get a chance for any culinary events at Cornell I'd recommend it.

Have you checked out Wagner Vineyards? I remember they brewed beer too. Wasn't impressed with their selection until the guy gave me small batch of a limited bock. Really good.

Back