Picnic tap or handle faucet for a better pour??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewkowski

Reaction score
First time kegging, and I'm taking it to a cookout. Primed with sugar and bought co2 charger to dispense, but which tap is better for pouring, a picnic tap or handle faucet. I went with the handle because I was thinking with no line I wouldn't have the cold-hot transfer with lots of foam, but somebody else said with no line resistance it might not be as good as the picnic with a 5' line. Is either one really better?

http://www.kegworks.com/product.php?productid=172328&cat=414&page=1

This is basically what i bought.

I like using my faucet when I take kegs to go, but you should be fine with either one. Number 1 priority should be proper serving temp, though. Get the keg good and cold before you head out, and keep it on ice. Don't apply the co2 until you need to.

Portable Homebrew Dispensing Kit looks cooler than the cobra tap. They both work well, and as long as you aren't putting too much pressure in the keg it should be fine.

with the faucet, you will be good with about 6PSI to serve.

Back