Favorite Time Of Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
I had a nice brew session last Saturday morning. I was up ~6am, began the mash ~7am and finshed by 3pm. It got me to thinking about the various times that I have brewed since going AG a year and a half ago.

I'm getting to where I enjoy brewing early on a Saturday morning the most. It's quiet, there are no interuptions, I can watch the sun rise, read a magazine or parts of a book (usually a beer related book) during down times. And I'm usually drinking homebrew by lunchtime and done before my day is completely gone!

So, when is your favorite time of the day to brew?

Rhoobarb said:
I had a nice brew session last Saturday morning. I was up ~6am, began the mash ~7am and finshed by 3pm. It got me to thinking about the various times that I have brewed since going AG a year and a half ago.

I'm getting to where I enjoy brewing early on a Saturday morning the most. It's quiet, there are no interuptions, I can watch the sun rise, read a magazine or parts of a book (usually a beer related book) during down times. And I'm usually drinking homebrew by lunchtime and done before my day is completely gone!

So, when is your favorite time of the day to brew?

Do you have kids?

My favorite time to brew is when mine are more than 300km away from here!

I've only brewed once so far... But it was early on a Saturday morning! Like you said, quiet, no interruptions, and the sun was out!!!

:mug:

I like brewing in the morning the most, but both of my brew buddies dont function well before noon on weekends. I usually don get started until at least six PM.

- magno

i get up usually around 5:30 am and get things going. watching the sun come up, watching the birds get their morning routine going, watching woodpeckers eating acorns, and having a nice cold pint...nothing like it man

I prefer morning as well--although I mostly just fit it it whenever I can.

I really don't like brewing in the evening as much. I am an early riser and if I start a brew session at 7:00, I am just flat exhausted by midnight when I'm still cleaning up. I also tend to drink too much beer if I brew in the evening.

I second that Saturday morning would be ideal. Unfortunately, with three kids, there aren't all that many saturdays when I don't have to be taking someone somewhere.

Sunday morning for me.
Saturday morning is my sleep in/recovery time from Friday night. The best for me is timing my brewing perfectly so that I put the airlock on the carboy just as the Bucs game starts!

Back