Co2 check valve.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

Reaction score
I just split my co2 4 ways for my four kegs and figure I need a check valve for each line... I guess this would make sure beer wouldn't accidentally get transfered from keg to keg via the gas line... does this sound right..??? If this is right what is best thing to use....??? thanks in advance.....

Jester

The best bet would be a manifold that's good for 4 kegs with checkvalves on each of the connections/valves..

Splitting the CO2 line will work (albeit messier IMHO). Maybe more possible for leaks too?

Rather than CO2->Mani->Valves->Kegs.. you got CO2->splitters->kegs..

Eh

Check valves are a excellent idea, regulators don't do well when full of ale. The best way, as suggeted above, is to have a manifold with built-in checks. Since you already have the 4-way spliters, one check valve per line is the best. If you have any tubing between the regulator and the splitter, you could put one valve there, at the risk of ale blowing from one keg into another.

I have been looking at a few of the major homebrew supply shops online and cant seem to find these check valves that I could put on the lines without a manifold... could someone post me a link, maybe I'm jsut overlooking them...??

Also, if I do decide to go with a minfold for 4 kegs, whats the best place to get the best price..?? it seems like Northern has a good price on them compared to a few otherp laces... Thanks again..

Jester

Mindflux said:
Yeah checkvalves that are inline are hard to find. Most DO require to be screwed into a manifold.

I jsut ordered a 4-way manifold... so.. that should solve my problem... Thanks again for everyones suggestions... I was hoping there was some little cheap plastic thing that could be placed on each line, but I guess not... either way, I have a nice manifold now... hehee.. Thanks again...

Jester

Back