Chocolate Cherry Wine update

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer

Reaction score
Racked into secondary's this week end. SG was 1115 now down to 1030 and falling. Only one eruption so far. Cleaned air lock and no problems so far. Looks like I will lose about two bottles on the five gallon when I rack and a bottle on the one gallon. Think I may top up with Kunudson pure black cherry juice on both jugs. Looks a lot like tomato juice with brown foam right now. Mike

Very cool. Chocolate Cherry Wine should be interesting to say the least. Interested in how your end product comes about.

We like to use their black cherry juice when we make ports, a little warning, lots of acid in that little bottle. WVMJ

101_4999.jpg

101_5015.jpg

101_5014.jpg

Looks like the gallon jug has fouled the air lock again. Mike

I could rig a tube easy enough but I think I bout got it tamed. A tube may plug off with the foam as it has the waxy chocolate stuff mixed with it. It solidifies pretty quick. Might find the bung on the other side of the house if so. Mike

Mine needs another racking it is real clear but a few lees settled and a fine wax ring on top. Anybody got this on list when candy clearance sales start.? Mike

Back