Servus from Munich!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bueschen

Reaction score
Hi all,
been brewing here in Germany for about a year now and really appreciate all the info available here!
Hats off to the many, many contributors here!
T

Welcome. I got into home brewing a few years ago just so I could make Bavarian Hefe. It had been 20 years since I had it and I can still taste it!

Thanks Tektonjp!
There is a fantastic selection of Weissbier here in Bavaria for sure!
I tend to brew mostly Ales (English bitters and IPA) as the local supply of helles and weissbier is so good!

bueschen said:
Thanks Tektonjp!
There is a fantastic selection of Weissbier here in Bavaria for sure!
I tend to brew mostly Ales (English bitters and IPA) as the local supply of helles and weissbier is so good!

I just bottled a marzen and sure wish I had a "control" to compare it with. But I can see why you are brewing what you brew. you're in a good beer place.

Prosit ECarroll!
You're up north of Nuremberg right?
I assume you face the same if not worse challenges in finding supplies?
Or have you found the secret stash!?
We have a small but active group of ex-pat homebrewers in Munich who meet once a month to sample each other's beer and trade notes etc.
Are there many in your area?
T

Yep, I typically use them as well. Not too bad for most stuff but I do miss having brick and mortar stores to go in and browse and chat!

Wie geht es Ihnen? Mein Deutsh ist schelcht(?)
I need to go back to my studies, I want to get fluent in German :)

Do you guys have a favorite recipe? Ive had some American "German" beers but I'd enjoy trying an authentic brew

Welcome, this is a great site. I lived in Germany for 10 years in Hohensolms, about an hour north of Franfurt by Geissen. I've been back in the US for 8 years. I used to could speak pretty well and still can when I've drank a few too many!

bueschen said:
Just told that joke to my office mates and they are now rolling on floor laughing!!

I'm glad it was well received. I'm from Hamburg, so I got a couple of these jokes up my sleeve. I live in Texas though

Back