Boca Raton, FL breweries/ pubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXCrash

Gunshy
Reaction score
On the week of the first of May I'll be in Boca for a bit under a week. I'll be staying across the street from the Funky Budda. I don't doubt I'll have a few there. Any awesome boca bars? I'm there on business and will be with my boss, but I'll want a few good beers in my free time.

Suggestions other than the Budda? How's the beer there?

I don't normally drink in Boca but there is a Brewzii's brewpub on Glades just west of I-95 on the South side. (If you hit St. Andrews you went too far, go back). The Duck Tavern (2 miles from Funky) is supposed to have tons of selections and lots of specials.

Next city SW (Coconut Creek) has my favorite World of Beer. Coral Springs has Big Bear Brewing Company (Brewpub) that has really good beer and food.

What's kinda awesome is I mapped everything you recommended (just to get an idea of where things are) and the suggested route is along W. Sample Road.

About 5 miles north of the budha is the mellow mushroom (US1 and Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach). Good beer selection and good pizza.

Didn't make it to Sunfest. I'm not on the rental so I've needed to go by foot or taxi and I'm cheap.

Beer at the Bhudda is decent, atmosphere is... weird.

Lion and eagle pub's selection sucks but the atmosphere is better... I dunno. I prefer drinking my homebrew at home!

Lots o pretty ladies out here!

Headed back tomorrow. I saw the Mellow last time but was with the wrong crowd to stop. This time I'm flyin solo.

TX...
I know this is kind of late, but did you make it to the Mushroom? Its one of my favorites. I live just north of Delray. I've been to the Funky Buddha (only once) but I like the sign that says something like "if you think you ordered a BMC, you're in the wrong place".
I like Brewzzi for their Spinach Dip and nothing else.
Just my $.02.
I agree, once you drink your own beer at home....why go anywhere else?
Safe travels,
Sarah.

Didn't make it to the mushroom, didn't make it to brewzzi.

Spent too much money at the Buddah. Their open mic night is actually pretty decent, their beer is OK considering that they brew on a 1bbl system so all house beer is more than a bit green when served.

I stopped at the duck (a mile or two down the road) and was impressed with their bottle selection and liked the atmosphere (college kids drinking with the local alchoholics). If I end up back in boca, I'll definitely spend some more time at the duck and the bhudda.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be on my way there in a couple days. Sounds like the duck and buddah where I need to stop.

I've never been to the Duck. I'll check it out, though. Don't waste you time at Brewzzi (my opinion), but you gotta hit up the Mushroom. 1/2 price drafts on Mondays and awesome pizza 7 days!!
Sarah.

Just got back from 2 weeks in Florida including time in the Boca area. Didn't get to the Mellow Mushroom even though we drove past it on our way to family visit. Didn't get to Funky Buddha cause we were looking for a lunch place. Did get to the Duck, nice hole in the wall kind of neighborly drinking place. Didn't eat but did have a quick draft Newcastle. Specials every day. Also went to Brewzzi for lunch, had their pilsner, was OK. Food was good, I had turkey bacon pennini (different every day) and GF had wings and salad.

Back