Recipes for my wedding??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaren

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I'm getting married this summer:tank: (July 30th) and I'm planning on brewing all my own beers for the wedding! No worries, gonna be pretty small with only 130 ppl or so(prob around 100 able to drink, with even less actually liking beer). Anyway, I'm lookin for some award-winning recipes that I can brew! Partial mash and extracts would be best as I dont have the setup yet for big grain bills that ag recipes require.
Any suggestions??? I'm open to all styles!

Thanks so much!:mug:

a hefeweizen recipe many (including me, and it's the only extract i drink) like is:

6 lbs wheat dme
1 oz hersbrucker (or hallertau) at 60 minutes
wb06 dry wheat yeast

11 days fermenting

I wanted to do this for my wedding, but the location wouldn't allow us to BYOB (stupid Texas liquor laws...)

Brew what you like, it's *your* wedding ;)

Since it's summertime (assuming you're getting married in the norther hemisphere) I'd go for lighter beers. Wheats, lagers, pale ales, etc. I also find many older traditional drinkers (i.e. not your craft beer enthusiasts) don't like the stronger or hoppier beers (IPAs or anything 'imperial'). YMMV.

Award winning? No. But a guy that works with my wife and wanted to try my homebrews said this puts Chill and Bud Light Lime to shame. And he preferred this to some of my brews I think are better. Might be a perfect match for the not-so-homebrew endowed. Bear in mind, I brewed this getting rid of odds and ends, 6.6# extralight or light LME would be fine. Misc. hops, you choose. This is the way I did it......

Steeping grains - 8 oz Carapils, 8 oz 30L crystal malt
6 oz honey
1# light DME
1# wheat DME
3.3# xlight LME
zest from 6 limes
2 oz cilantro (chopped)
8 oz maltodextrine

Put your grains in the pot and heat to 170, remove.
Add honey, DME and LME, and malto dextrine. ( Heat honey seperately with some water to 180, hold, and add before racking to retain some honey flavor).
Boil, add bittering hops (I used 1 oz. 6.0 alpha Bramling Cross)
add zest and cilantro at 30 min.
Add 1/4 oz Perle (or your favorite flavor hop) at 45 minutes.
After 55 min, 1/2 oz Willamette ( or a little more flavor hop earlier)
Pitch 1056 Yeast @ temp

Bottle as usual.

I had Sierra Nevada Summer Ale at my wedding - it was a hit with all the guests who drank beer - since you are getting married during the summer you might want to check out a clone of that beer.
And congrats!:mug:

Lots of good suggestions for crowd pleasers so far, but don't forget to satisfy the beer connoisseurs and party animals (don't deny you have it in you!) with a really big beer. There's still enough time. Maybe a barleywine or Belgian quad or something like that. There's a lot to choose from in the recipes section of the site. Just look for something that meets your tastes and is well reviewed.

Oh, yeah, and congrats on the marriage and all!

I'm gonna second GuldTuborg on the big beer thing, I've really been surprised at how many people like a nice crisp Tripel even if they don't think of themselves as "beer people", just because it's something they've probably never experienced before. Brew it now, brew it right, and let it age until then - you'll have a definite crowd-pleaser.

Congrats on the hitching, sorry to hear about the "Pullman" thing though ...I did a stint there ;)

Well thx for all the suggestions! I'll post up some final decisions.

lol ya, one of the local breweries up here came out with a light lager they dubbed "Pullman Water Lite." Haha I think it's hilarious. Wedding will be back home in PDX tho! Hopefully we dont get rained out! :)

Latest posts

Back