Midwest Starter Kit Groupon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking back at post posts on homebrewfinds.com... I'd say every 6-8 weeks. Seems like it sticks around for a couple of weeks after it starts back up.

i hope this comes back around soon... Just got an email from groupon for 15 bucks off my next groupon puchase... that would be a killer deal if it happens

That exact groupon is what got me into brewing. Had always wanted to try my hand at home brewing and the SWMBO snagged this for my birthday last year. Good deal for a starter kit but of course she didn't realize that it was only the beginning....

Got this Groupon recently to expand my equipment collection, it's pretty awesome. It also brought two friends into the homebrew world!

divvy9 said:
That exact groupon is what got me into brewing. Had always wanted to try my hand at home brewing and the SWMBO snagged this for my birthday last year. Good deal for a starter kit but of course she didn't realize that it was only the beginning....

+1 Though mine got it for me for Christmas

If you have not already and have a facebook... friend request Homebrewfinds... whoever runs that is a saint... I messaged them the other day and inquired if they knew when this groupon would be back... at the time they didnt know... they messaged me this morning as soon as it came back... i was hoping the timing would be perfect cause groupon emailed me a gift code worth $15 off my next groupon which expired tommorow... 49 bucks for this groupon cant beat it... just wanted to give a atta boy and shout out to homebrewfinds... my man

CliffMongoloid said:
If you have not already and have a facebook... friend request Homebrewfinds... whoever runs that is a saint... I messaged them the other day and inquired if they knew when this groupon would be back... at the time they didnt know... they messaged me this morning as soon as it came back... i was hoping the timing would be perfect cause groupon emailed me a gift code worth $15 off my next groupon which expired tommorow... 49 bucks for this groupon cant beat it... just wanted to give a atta boy and shout out to homebrewfinds... my man

Their twitter account is always right on with good deals

For a first time brewer which kit would you recommend the autumn amber ale, Irish stout, or Irish red ale?

Either one of them are very easy to brew. It's all depends on what you like.
If you don't like stouts just flip a coin between the other two.
My daughter got me a brew setup from Midwest that included the Irish stout. I must say at first this beer wasn't very good but now that it has been in bottles for two months it is really good and getting better every day.

I already have 2 primary's but I might pick this up to expand my collection! Thanks for the post!

This is the exact kit that got me started and I'm very happy with it. I like Midwest's kits so far (though I've only made two). The only other thing you'll need are bottles/caps. There are a few things that will make life easier (such as an auto-siphon) but you can brew with everything that's there.

I just got into homebrewing with this very brewing kit. I've had to make significant purchases since, though, because I wanted to do some things "right" and not just wing it. The largest single purchase was getting a 32-quart Winware stainless steel kettle, then an outdoor burner (Bayou Classic 60k BTU), then a propane tank, then a BetterBottle, Winethief, digital thermometer, nylon bags, long-handled spoon, cleaning supplies, etc., etc., etc.

Can you brew up a batch with just the things that come in this kit? Sans kettle, bottles, and caps, sure, but if you're like me and want to have more than one batch going at a time, or want to do a full boil, or simply don't want to brew gallons of hot wort on your stove with small children around, then you'll need to buy a few more things, which can drastically increase the initial investment. Just the kettle, burner, and propane tank was about $200.

Back