Canadian HBT Members Swap 1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LayMeister

Reaction score
We are organizing a swap for Canadian HBT members. Details are on the Canadian Brewers Group message board here. Please respond there and bump this thread to let us know you have.

Cheers,
Paul

Brad says this thread is boring. Lets spice it up with a little with a[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1622828/elephant_1_mexican_0/"]link[/ame] that I thought was funny.

In any case, check out the swap thread in the groups page.

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to PM me with contact info if you intend to participate in the swap. So far we have 6 people taking part.

Paul

Just got your pm Laymeister...Friday is coming up quick.

Not really sure what the best way to ship 2 500 ml bottles?
Any suggestions..Rod in Brantford and hnefatafl in Coquitlam BC..I hope you like my Centenial Blonde and last years Niagara red wine.

Cheers
BeerCanuck

I am planning to ship my "yeast samples", with no labels on their PET containers, via Canada Post Priority Mail. I will be wrapping them with bubble wrap and then putting them in a large ziploc before putting them in a box.

Paul

I missed this thread before it was too late, I'll have to lurk more in the Canadian group... I've had really good success shipping boxes by greyhound. It's less expensive than canada post and generally edmonton to toronto is a 2-day ship time. Just wrap well, things may get shaken up a bit.

Cheers

I missed this thread before it was too late, I'll have to lurk more in the Canadian group... I've had really good success shipping boxes by greyhound. It's less expensive than canada post and generally edmonton to toronto is a 2-day ship time. Just wrap well, things may get shaken up a bit.

Cheers

Hi Joe,

There is a Group for Canadian Members where we have been discussing this. Sign up and have a look. There is even a profile setting to let you know when someone posts something to the group. I'll PM you the next time we set one up.

Paul

I'm definitely going for the ziplock but I don't know if I'll bother with the bubble wrap. Just some packing to keep the bottles from moving around. These PET bottles are really tough so I doubt there's much that could be done in shipping that would hurt them.

I'm going to go to the UPS store tomorrow and see what kind of box sizes are available. I planned to use the shipping method LayMeister posted above. Should be the best cost/ship time value. Though I may ask at UPS while I'm there, sometimes they're surprisingly cheap.

i will get mine in the mail monday instead of friday - nothing in PET at the moment so will need the weekend to re-bottle. drink fast when you get em as there will probably be some oxidation if i don't get my co2 tank by then.

I usually go no smaller than 1 litre PET when bottling.
Did a quick check at my LHBS they sell a box of 24 500 mL for $11.
I was also thinking using a tube style document/blueprint holder for shipping?
Monday works out to be a better ship day for me as well.

Cheers: Looking forward to the swap :mug:
BeerCanuck

I shipped out at lunch today. XpressPost was only 9.17 for my two Ontario recipients. I will PM them their tracking numbers, should be there on Monday or Tuesday.

They also didn't even ask what was in the boxes.

on trying to move from glass bottles to PET i put a bit of priming sugar and some water in each PET to add carbonation lost during the transfer and microwaved the bottles to sterilize.
not a good plan

kegerator 001.jpg

That is funny Rod.
At least we know now that PET Bottles are not microwave safe :p
I found some 9X7X4" boxes from the post office that can hold 3 500 ml bottles neatly. I bought some 26.8 X 27.3 cm ziploclks bags that can hold 3 500 ml as well and plan to ship tomorrow.

Did a quick weight check for 2 bottles boxed ~ 3 lbs.

Cheers
BeerCanuck

my wife just mailed mine express post - 42.63 for the pair:eek:

not sure i can afford to participate again:(

Ouch, well I'll volunteer to do distance longer distances in the future then, that should definitely be spread out. Or maybe in the future confine the swappers to geographical area unless they volunteer to do extended shipping.

Rod,

Sorry it was so expensive. My two shipments were to:

ON - $ 8.97
PE - $12.69
-----------
$21.66

This was parcel post. Express was more than 2X. She said no real difference in shipment time to ON and only a couple of days faster to PE. Besides, they needed time to carbonate.

Paul

Latest posts

Back