New CO2 Refill near Chicago O'Hare

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoppy

Reaction score
Just found a new place near O'hare that fills CO2 tanks. It's a small father/son op. They just set up their operation and Andrew(?) said they will be expanding into selling small tanks. Got a tank filled yesterday. Service was great and they were very friendly. $10 for a 5lb refill.

Service Fire and Equip
1485 Landmeier
Elk Grove, Il 60007

847-364-9390

Thanks for the thread here, Shoppy. I got a fill there this week and the son (Andrew) asked where all of us homebrewers are hearing about this place. So I promised to spread the word around here and I give them two thumbs up. They gave me a price list (left it at work...), but my 5lb tank was $10 for the refill. The father (Lou) also said that if at any time I'd like an upgrade or the tank cert expires, he'd definitely order a new one, any size, no problem.

VERY nice people and company to work with, I'll be going here from now on

Thanks for spreading the word about Service Fire and Equipment! Just got back from there and picked up my 15 lb. tank. The fill was $20 out the door and the guy was very helpful. I won't go anywhere else. Cheers!

Starman, yes they do have Saturday hours till 1pm. Just went there to fill up my 5lb. They are great. 5mins to fill up $10 and out the door. They were wondering what happened to all the Homebrewers, have not seen any since 2012. I told them i'd post on the board and see if we could drum up some business. We really need to support small business like these! They will also recertify expired tanks for $25, test and new valve.

Do you know if they sell tanks? Or know where to find one for a reasonable price in Chicagoland?
Thanks

There's a place called American Gas or something like that(welding place)... off of North avenue a quarter block east of Manheim. South side of the street.

Cheapest place around. I think it's $13 for 5# tanks and $15 for 20# tanks. Exchange.

I've brought in 3 expired tanks and no additional charge. He knew they were expired, and he's the owner. I don't think he cares. Nice guy too.

I'll continue to go there until they close. Lifetime customer now! I've gotten about 15 refills so far there...

Latest posts

Back