Two luxurious nights in Cedar Rapids IA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atonk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
as the title indicates, I'll be in Cedar Rapids for work. Where to go for beer?
Thanks in advance!

Can't help you on Cedar Rapids - have not been to any of the bars/pubs there. But, if you have a vehicle and don't mind a short drive - I always recommend John's Grocery just down the road in Iowa City if you want "beer buying paradise." One of the best beer selections you will ever see in your life; 20-30 minutes away. If you are looking to take any "supplies" home, can't beat it.

http://www.johnsgrocery.com/Departments/Beer/browse.cfm?method=style

If your downtown there a few good places the homebrew club meets at bricks a lot. White Star Ale house and Parlor City are pretty good as well. Outside of downtown Zeppelins on edgewood has a good tap selection and 2 for 1 3-6 every night. 3rd base brewery on Blairs ferry is a nice brew pub with a good tap selection as well I'm sure they are but at least I have a start for you.

Find one that has TG Brews on tap (Toppling Goliath from Decorah, IA). Their beers are fantastic. Parlor City indicates they have it.

Find one that has TG Brews on tap (Toppling Goliath from Decorah, IA). Their beers are fantastic. Parlor City indicates they have it.

+1 ..... only 9 miles from my house to the TG Taproom...... reminds me - I should probably go get some:)

Golden Nugget and Pseudo Sue are my two favorites (both Hoppy IPA's)

I was at 3rd base a few months ago and I had two of their beers, both lousy.

Hope it is good for you, sounds like Nick had a bad experience with it, I have quite a few under my belt (literally) that were quite tasty. Bad lines maybe?? Not saying it is the best IPA of all time, but pretty darn solid in my experience.

Third base - micro brew
White Star ale house - decent selection
Field house - slightly smaller selection / good bar type of food

Back