Brown not quite black "clone"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops4life

Reaction score
I am planning to pick up some grain/dme to do a pseudo clone of the alchemist/stone/nasaki collaboration beer. Basically I am going to try and imitate their base malt profile but going with my own hops based on what I have already.

Going to do a 5 gallon batch, thinking of 1 oz warrior at 60 min. Then at 10 & 5 min using 1 oz ea of gallena & simcoe. May dry hop something as well but not sure what yet. For reference I have the warrior & gallena on hand so all I need is the malt and simcoe. Anyone see any conflicts or have a suggestion for something other than simcoe?

Thanks in advance.

So I am tinkering around with this. Here's the link to Hopville for the recipe i'm looking at. Will gladly take any critism or ideas from anyone to help make it better. Worried maybe there isn't enough sweetness to balance the IBU's, I'm obviously a big hop head but I want the beer to be quality and well balanced. If anyone thinks that's the case and I should up something or back off some hops please share your thoughts.

http://hopville.com/recipe/1513382/home-brew/brown-black-ipa

Back