Anybody not happy with SS camlock QD?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just switched to them at the first of the year but I don't have any complaints. They're a little tough to lock down initially but they're pretty easy to use.

When I first got them, I got the barbed connectors for the hoses; don't do that. The barbed connectors limit flow; go with a 1/2 male connector, and stretch the hose over it. Other than that, I love mine.

No problems. They're a wee bit tough to lock down, but it's really not a big deal.

Definitely avoid the barbed connectors.

There are already volumes of commentary on camlocks in probably three other threads. Some people prefer the sleeve-lock style of QDs for a much heftier price, but you just can't get a high flow stainless QD system for less than camlocks, period.

Yes, I've read the other threads. I was interested in peoples' opinions after they had used them for a while. People are often very excited about something new but then after the excitement wears off...

Back