Perlick 425ss vs 525ss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chask31

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The story goes like this. I had 3 heinekens at my gf's work party, came home and drank a saison from the tap. I then decided that I hadn't been drinking my porter (from the other tap) lately and it was time to enjoy some of that. I tried to pull a pint but the faucet stuck. I took my longer tap handle and attached it for leverage. I pulled with all my might and the brass screw gave way and snapped in my hand. It is time to upgrade at least one faucet. Is the 425 worth the extra money or should I just go with the 525? Is the only difference the removable spout? It seems like a cool feature for cleaning.

I've got all 525's. I love them. The only reason I would like to have a 425 is because you can buy adaptor pieces that screw onto the removable spout. It has a hose barb on it and allows you to bottle from the tap. BUT, I just shove a hose in my tap and bottle it anyways. My taps don't get dirty enough to warrant having removable spouts otherwise. I clean them after every keg.

+1 on the 425's (I have 6). They are also getting harder to find - I thought I heard that they might be phasing them out. Montanaandy

I have them both and like them. The 425s don't have the side to side play the 525s have, but that's never been an issue for me. Can't go wrong either way, but I'd have all 425s knowing what I know now.

I have a couple 425's and I really like them. I need to go out and get some more before they all disappear .

I have all 425s as well. I know it's a matter of preference, but I think they look better than the 525s too.

I just picked up a pair of 425s from KegConnection.com.

I found a source for a bottle-fill spout. Now I need a couple long Euro spouts. Anyone know where to find them?

I have two 425s that I dearly loved until I got three 525s on another kegerator. I think its totally a matter of preference, but I like the simplicity and pour of the 525s better. There are far fewer parts on the 525, which might cause less turbulence. I also like less inside for cleaning. I know it doesn't really matter, but the 525 also doesn't have any plastic pieces like the 425s "shuttle." The removable spout seems cool, but I never used it aside from disassembling. If 425s become collectors items I'll come off mine for a pair of 525s. My $0.02.

Back