Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally added my 3rd of 4 taps so I figured I'd go ahead and post it...

DSC04272.jpg
DSC04271.jpg

Just scored a Sanyo 4912 for $75 on CraigsList. It's CHERRY. All sides were covered with printboard, as it was for serving sample water bottles at a Green Tea kiosk in a mall. It's got a a good energy to it and I am STOKED!!! Let the conversion begin muahahaha! (I'll post pics).

I finally added my 3rd of 4 taps so I figured I'd go ahead and post it...

Hey, did you put the chalkboard paint directly on the metal that was there? Was it textured? I'm thinking of giving my keezer this treatment, just wondering how it works with textured appliance metal.

Had a beer fridge in the garage when I moved in. Finally got tired of bottling so...

IMG_2524%20%28Large%29.JPG

3507799435_c2254fa6f7.jpg

The lines are actually insulated now.

IMG_2533%20%28Large%29.JPG

Some left over blue moon from a recent bbq. Easily fits a 1/2 barrel with a corny and the CO2. Could not be more happy.

Had a beer fridge in the garage when I moved in. Finally got tired of bottling so...

IMG_2524%20%28Large%29.JPG

3507799435_c2254fa6f7.jpg

The lines are actually insulated now.

IMG_2533%20%28Large%29.JPG

Some left over blue moon from a recent bbq. Easily fits a 1/2 barrel with a corny and the CO2. Could not be more happy.

nice setup.

niceness! definitely rockin! what substances did you ingest that contributed to the chalk designs? looks like more than beer to me...

haha! nope just beer. i have a few lady friends that are pretty artistic. i just let them go at it whenever they feel it needs a fresh look!

Hey, did you put the chalkboard paint directly on the metal that was there? Was it textured? I'm thinking of giving my keezer this treatment, just wondering how it works with textured appliance metal.

yep. i just wiped it down with a rag, let it dry, and sprayed it directly onto the metal. not bad for $6 worth of paint and about 5 bucks for chalk.

Here's mine. The Danby model, used a two tap tower from KC, added the $15 drip tray from Bar Products, and some Libbey pilsner glasses.

100_0434.JPG

Hahahahah, thats funny. Hey I want to be there too! Good looking setup man. Looks like you need a drip tray. I bet those tap handles get bumped a lot from people walking out of the bar. Or is that pinned against the wall? I cant really tell.

Yeah we've been putting off the drip tray and metal siding for the bar top for a while. The taps get bumped every once in a while, but it's the best place we could find for the bar.

hard alcohol bottle chiller
3730351962_09329c2a26.jpg

taps
6420_753319025630_15934839_42960086_5257630_n.jpg

Please click here for the entire photo album showing the construction of my kegerator & Boozerator.

PC080395.jpg

This is my old fridge; I have a similar model Kenmore that now houses my keg, but I have not yet had the time to install the Boozerator. The next one will be version 2.0, utilizing the solenoid from the old fridge as part of the mechanism; mostly because I intend it to be gravity-fed.

EDIT: picture won't show up? It's a JPG with IMG tags around it...?

Bad idea there, putting a racing stripe on your kegerator.

All that will do is make your beer go faster. :D
*snork* I was thinking the same thing :drunk: At least it's an offset double stripe; those are WAY faster than single centered ones. Now it just needs a gigantic bi-level wing, and it's ready for the street!

Link blast from the past: Riceboys

-Joe

Holds 5 corny kegs...wish I had gotten a fridge just a little bit wider so I could squeeze 6 kegs in there. I've got beer mix, and co2 running into the fridge from the outside hooked up to a manifold.

Sure is sweet.

:mug:

*snork* I was thinking the same thing :drunk: At least it's an offset double stripe; those are WAY faster than single centered ones. Now it just needs a gigantic bi-level wing, and it's ready for the street!

Link blast from the past: Riceboys

-Joe

Ha ha, you guys are brutal. I always loved the color combination of black and orange, and when I mocked it up I thought this looked better than painting the collar orange.

Hmmm, a wing on it does sound interesting. :fro:

Do you really have Bully Wheat on tap? If so... Is it a clone or the real thing?
My friend (who's from KS) and I tried a Bully Wheat clone TWICE - we both ended up with two different crap beers.

Nah, it is just a tap handle I got from they guy I bought a bunch of kegs off of, and its actually just a Boulevard Wheat, not the Bully which I thought was a Porter? I do have a wheat that is close to the regular Unfiltered Wheat, just a little fruitier, but I bet you could tone that down if you wanted.

Pulse, you just made my day :rockin:

Here ya go, no clicky. :mug:

Nice work too, very pretty. It's also pretty cool how many "first posts" we have in this thread...

DSCN0859.jpg

I designed and built this island around my kegerator. I converted a Danby fridge using a keg system from Midwest and a tower from E-Bay. I am very proud of this. My pride and joy.

Back