Craigslist Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
brian_006.jpg

From the Score:
16# pale malt
25# white wheat
20# coffee
18.87# black roast
1# rice hulls
4# flaked barley

Yeast=
Abby Ale
Lambic
Irish Ale
American Ale
Belgian Sour

all for $20.. lol

kick a.

ok, i can never seem to find a craigslist score. what are you guys searching for. i search for home brew, home made beer, beer making, wine making, and just beer. i never find anything.i guess no one brews near me or no one wants to part with their stuff

this one was "homebrewing"

just got lucky.. he posted it and i found it in like 20 min.. and he lived right down the street..

Some great deals can be found on CL! Unfortunately, I don't watch it closely enough to beat anyone to them! Just missed about $250 worth of brewing equipment in Austin for $70- 10 gal. pot and all :mad:

I'm computeretarded but I think there is a google tool that can alret you to new posts on various sites with certain keywords. If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them....

ok, i can never seem to find a craigslist score. what are you guys searching for. i search for home brew, home made beer, beer making, wine making, and just beer. i never find anything.i guess no one brews near me or no one wants to part with their stuff

Try the search terms "keg" and also "wine". The search "brew" by itself also seems to bring up some interesting finds.

I've picked up a kegerator for $100 that needed some work - complete with a full CO2 tank & regulator, and also some glass carboys for $1 a gallon. Gotta strike quickly though.

Tomorrow's score will be some free wine bottles.

I'm computeretarded but I think there is a google tool that can alret you to new posts on various sites with certain keywords. If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them....

Do a search on craigslist - whatever term you want - and scroll all the way to the bottom of the resulting page. You'll see a little icon that has the letters RSS. Click on that, and depending on what browser you use, it'll either give you the opportunity to bookmark the search, or display the feed page. I use Firefox for that because it allows me to bookmark it, but just about any browser will work. Also, you could use Google Reader to display your search. I'd suggest doing several searches with different keywords and bookmark all of them.

Hope that helps.

I have gotten a wort chiller, a couple 5 gallon glass carboys and a bunch of bottles off CL. None were great deals except the bottles were free. But I use google as my home page and I have an app on there that shows all the listings for a particular search. I have it set to search for 'beer' right now. It displays the 3 newest listing and its very east to check whenever I'm at my computer.

I just scored a brand new Turkey Fryer in the box on CL. 30qt aluminum pot, thermometer, burner, and a full propane tank for $60!

At first, I wasn't sure how great of a deal this was, but after pricing them I jumped on it. Going to get my brew on this Friday! :ban:

Right now on CL in my area there are 2 ball lock kegs for $60, two pin lock kegs for $50, a kegerator for $200 and a 20# co2 tank. I have never seen this much stuff listed at one time.

I've started trolling CL and found a couple good deals, nothing huge yet. I found some extra starter equipment very cheap, makes a nice gift to a sibling or friend who is just starting out. I picked up several 5 and 6 gal. glass carboys for $15 each, you can never have enough I say. If you want a kegerator, you can always find them on CL very cheap. My best searches seem to be "beer", "brew" and "keg".

Yeah, I've just been searching like mad! But, with Austin, San Antonio, and San Marcos in the searching field something's BOUND to pop up.

I did place a wanted ad for brew equipment, but have only gotten a response sending me to a LHBS, from the owner I'm sure!

So my CL wanted ad did yield a good deal and a new introduced me to a new brewing buddy! A fellow from nearby emailed me and sold me two 5 gal. glass carboys for $16 all together. Not bad! Thanks Ron!
He's also got a gang of bottles he's going to give me, upwards of 7 cases I believe! :ban:

Found another decent deal on CL not too far from my house.

Just picked up a 8 gal. SS pot w/ lid, an ale pail, a bottling bucket, an all grain setup for 5 gal batches, a gang of airlocks and bungs, a nice beaker for making starters, a better bottle, bottle capper, lots of caps, thermometer, hydrometer, a big wort chiller, 2 corny kegs (1 ball, 1 pin), a dual guage reg. a 5# CO2 tank w/ splitter and a fermentation fridge complete w/ Johnson controller. Price= $200.

The previous owner hadn't brewed in 4 years, so ofcourse everything needs a good cleaning, but is in good condition. The fridge is an old GE, but keeps great temp. The kegging system will need new rings and hoses, but I can run up to Kegconnection and pick up parts...

I thought it was a good deal. What do you guys think?

Back