Rebound Phenomenon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biermann

Reinvented Biermann
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, as some of you are aware, I am going through a divorce. . .one thing my friends often say to me, is "don't give up who you are," and "be aware of the rebound phenomenon."

Well. . . I think I'm rebounding ... and one thing I'm not doing is forgetting who I am! Enjoy the pics. . . This is a B3 2100 system with all options--20 gallon automated Mash temp, float controlled sparge with an automatic temp controlled HLT/HERMS. 3 pump system, all stainless fittings/sanitary fittings with all the bling a brewer could want. So, to hell with her petty divorce, and here's to the rebound!! :rockin:

Cheers! :mug:

IMG_01461.JPG

IMG_01471.JPG

IMG_01494.JPG

Old system on left (disconnected)--that along with the two 15 gallon fermenters, all of its associated chillers, pumps was what I had for sale--it is now sold. . .but the pic demonstrates size differences.

Well, ironically, she bought this system a couple months before she decided she was leaving me. I took delivery of it after papers had been filed. . . it sat in the garage for awhile. . .and then when she claimed it as a marital asset, I said "screw it," and I set it up. . . I'm waiting to brew a monster beer on it . . . I did the initial tests on all the systems today--thing works flawlessly. The temp controllers hold constant temps--its pretty awesome. The float switch on the sparge works like a dream as well.

Please post contact information for Ex-SWMBO, I'd like to have her buy me a brew system and divorce me. Not sure if current SWMBO would approve.:confused:

Oooooh, that's an awesome set up. I'm impressed- it's really a thing of beauty. When you use it, it would be great if you could take lots of pictures for us!

it was about $6500 without the fermenter. My ex spent tax return money on it. I actually asked her not to pay the money for it, but she did anyway.

I'm not too far way...Atkinson, exit 27, I-80......you can drop it off and I'll give you $1000.00 for it. Since she wants it as an asset give her $500.00 and it's a done 50/50 split deal...nothing the lawyers or her can do...just tell them you wanted to cash out all memories of her...:D

I'll sell it back to you for the same $1000.00 when the divorce of final...;) No strings attached...PROMISE...:rockin:

I'm mostly an extract brewer so your equipment doesn't excite me...meaning, it looks nice, but I don't want to own it...:D

That thing is freaking SICK!!! I would need a HUGE chest freezer fermentor, maybe two if I had that thing. Push button brewing, awesome.

Oooooh, that's an awesome set up. I'm impressed- it's really a thing of beauty. When you use it, it would be great if you could take lots of pictures for us!

Pictures definitely will be forthcoming. . . its possible (not real likely), but possible it may be tonight. :)

I'm thinking my own take on the 888 RIS recipe--I know, late, but better late than never.

You know, as sexy as your setup(s) are, I was *really* hoping this thread would center around the words "24 year old," "redhead," and "36DD" :D

I'll grudgingly take that piece of crap old system off your hands for you. It will greatly inconvience me, but in your time of troubles it's something I can do to soothe your woe. :D

Back