Anyone want to trade Wild ales?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostsr20

Reaction score
I've asked this before with little interest shown but maybe the growth of wild brewers will change that this time around. I currently have two medal winners bottled. One is a 14% Barrel aged Sour RIS and the other is a French oak aged Amber. Anyone? Looking for all brett/sour and anything in between.

I'd definitely be interested once I get back to the states. Too difficult to go through the hassle while overseas. Good luck, and hopefully you are still up for it next year. I've got a couple aging nicely.

Where are you in Michigan, generally? East, west, north? I should have some interesting things bottled come November

Ask me again in a few months. I have a lot of sours coming down the pipeline. I'll have a Flanders, a Flanders on cherries, a Belgian rye on brett, a Kentucky Common with lambic bugs, and a (hopefully) sour watermelon mead.

5 cases? wow, i would trade with you in heart beat, but my only sour has only been fermenting for about 4 months now so there is a while to go. I'd be interested in trying the sourRIS. Every sour stout I've tasted hasn't been great....wait...I do have my stout graff, not sour but still tart. If you are interested let me know...I can check my stash to see what variants I have left, did a straight apple juice, some aged on blackberries, raspberries, and plums(this one was kind of a flop) and some using cranberry juice instead of apple juice.

Yeah, 3 of us split a new holland dragons milk barrel worth of the stout. That barrel is now our solara barrel. The stout is like JPs madrugada obscura on steroids. I have some to Craig from brew bubbas and they reviewed it on their podcast a while back.
I'm in Muskegon on the west side.

I would be interested but I always bottle in champagne bottles with plastic corks. I wouldn't trust the corks going through the mail. However I bet you'll find people willing to trade delicious beers.

I'm in the process of working with a biologist friend to isolate a wild strain out here in Idaho. This is new to us, so it would be hard to nail down when we will have something worthy of trading. I'm interested, so I'll let you know when something comes available. If you are still interested when that happens, we'll roll. :)

I've got a medal winning Kriek here, it's been in the bottle 7 months or so after it won the medal so it's drifted a little bit, but still good. It's the only sour I've got ready to go but I'd be happy to swap.

I have three variations of the same sour that I would be willing to trade. It is an unblended lambic that I primed with three different sugars. Some with agave nectar, some with maple syrup and the rest with tart cherry concentrate. The cherry got second in the sour ale category of the KY state fair. I would be willing to trade with anyone else in this thread as well.

Give me a few weeks to a couple months. I have a bunch of stuff that just got in bottles or will be going in bottles soon. Lambic, big oude bruinesque sour, sour saison, 100% brett saison, accidental sour dubbel, sour wit (was supposed to be quick but got ropy), and I have a flanders red that needs a couple more months I think.

I have a sour blonde that i put on peaches. This is my second ever sour and the peach is more a aroma factor than flavor. This beer is very sour. I also have a hoppy brett IPA that i will be opening up the first bottle of this weekend. I will let you know how that turns out.

Bring it on people :) I only have 4 bottled of the French oak amber but I have a lot of the sour stout. Pm me with what you have and the details so we can get it done!

I would love to trade in 4-6 months! At least sour for sour...

Right now I have maybe 8 or 9 non sour brews I'd be up for trading, if you want.

First Wild Yeast Pitch Ever: Amber Extract, fresh Cascade hops, and Wild Sacc. cultivated from juniper berries. It's probably going to be pretty hoppy as the hops stayed at a higher temp longer than I prefer. I'm guessing that's probably an OK thing. It's been fermenting for about 5 days, and smells like beer :) As soon as I test the final result for tastiness, I'll work on getting it to you. I'm guessing It's about 1.5 months out.

Wild4days.jpg

The French oak amber and the rest of the barrel is a collaboration with winters and another friend. We just pulled 15 and brewed another 15 to replace it. We are slowly turning it to a sour brown. Curious to see what this next pull is like. Should be getting it kegged this weekend. Jeff, I owe you some more stout. We got carried away on your birthday!

So my first foray into brewing with wild yeast has had its ups and downs. I kept my wort too hot so I have minimal flavor from my fresh cascade hops. I just bottled and am concerned the carbonation may be a little low. The ups, though, is that the sacc. I pulled from juniper berries is turning out better than expected. The taste is neutral to fruity. It's coming along real clean. I can't say the end product will be all that great, but I am super pleased with what I am getting from the wild yeast. So if anyone is still interested in trading their beer for a yeast sample in a bottle, let me know. I have about 4 bottles to share :)

I bottled six gallons of my Flanders Red this weekend and placed the remaining 4 gallons on 7 lbs of cherries. So now I am ready to trade. I can exchange either 12 oz bottles, half liter bottles, or bombers. I also have a few bottles left of my Kentucky Common that I aged on lambic dregs (moderately funky).

Alright, only a few more months until I am back stateside. Going to try and sneak my homebrews into my household goods along with the 30+ cases of Belgian stuff I acquired while over here.

I'll have for trade, assuming all goes well, Madrugada clone, Madrugada clone on cherries. Cantillon lambic (we can buy it in 5 liter plastic "growlers") I put on my own cherries that is nice and tart. I'm also getting ready to make a couple Berliner Weissen and a beer from a yeast I caught that is nice and spicy. Hopefully I don't get flak from the man trying to bring all this stuff back. And see you this summer everyone.

Back